Belmore a sell out Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sunday’s game between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Cronulla Sharks at Belmore Sports Ground is officially sold out.

Capacity has been reached for all levels of tickets and if you still want to be part of the action, the Bulldogs are now inviting supporters who’d still like to feel a part of the action to join in festivities at a special ‘Live Site’ in the adjacent Terry Lamb Reserve.

The Live Site will be filled with food stalls, footy clinics, signing booths with Bulldogs past players, music, dancing and a giant screen that will televise the NRL match from 3.30pm.

The extension of game day into the Live Site in Terry Lamb Reserve is all part of the Bulldogs’ 80th anniversary celebrations and Chief Executive Raelene Castle says it will be a huge day for the Club.

“For 80 years we’ve enjoyed amazing support from Bulldogs fans and we’re inviting them all to come to Belmore on Sunday because the Dogs are having a party,” Castle said.

“Together we’ll celebrate our proud history of success and we’ll celebrate our special ability to unite communities.

“This is going to be an absolute highlight of the Bulldogs calendar and we’d love to see all Bulldogs friends and family come together to join the fun.”

The Club’s 80th Anniversary celebrations will culminate on August 1 with a gala dinner to unveil the

‘Team of the Decade’ and the first inductees into the Bulldogs ‘Hall of Fame’.

All fans travelling to Belmore for the game are encouraged to take public transport, further information on how to plan your trip is available through www.bulldogs.com.au.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury will have another bumper crowd behind them at Belmore Sports Ground when they host Cronulla on Sunday, with the clash at the iconic NRL venue officially declared a sell-out 24 hours before the match.

The Bulldogs host their second and final game at Belmore against the Sharks, a month after a sell-out crowd of 16,764 watched Melbourne get dispatched 20-4 in one of Canterbury's best performance of the season.

Canterbury released a statement on Saturday, confirming Belmore has sold out again and fullback Brett Morris can't wait run out in front of another parochial crowd.

"Everyone saw what sort of game it was when we played here the first time and I think everyone we'll be looking forward to getting out there in the afternoon and obviously we'll be looking for a big performance against the Sharks, who have been playing some good footy of late," said Bulldogs fullback Brett Morris.

Canterbury's return to Belmore against the Storm was their first NRL game at the venue since 1998 and is part of their 80th anniversary celebrations.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs 22-12
If the Dogs maintain an aggressive defence for the full 80 minutes the winning margin could be a lot bigger than 10 points.

Its about time we did our for and against a big favour.

berriesfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think we should start a Klemmer chant at about the 18th min if he starts on the bench. Also a Graham chant at some stage.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we should start a Klemmer chant at about the 18th min if he starts on the bench. Also a Graham chant at some stage.
Absolutely and when the games in the bag a big Dessie chant

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their confidence will force the sharks into submission

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been to belmore for close to 20 years and I have GA tickets tomorrow. Can't wait. Any tips for where to grab a good spot on the hill - preferably near the bar. Happy to stand for the match.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the max capacity at Belmore is? Last game was a sellout at 16k or so but I've heard of larger crowds there back in the day

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at a game v St George in the late 90s when there was about 26k. It was packed.

These days I like a bit more comfort when watching footy. Yes, I've gone soft.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have not been to belmore for close to 20 years and I have GA tickets tomorrow. Can't wait. Any tips for where to grab a good spot on the hill - preferably near the bar. Happy to stand for the match.
Get there early, gates open at 11.25am. Hope you have a great day and the boys put on a good show. I enjoyed last game vs. Melbourne, atmosphere beyond belief but trust me it will be even better tomorrow. Quite a few ticketed member no shows last game due to Ramadan so all those guys will be on board this time. Remember your last visit to a game there and think ten times more fun. I sit right beside the Bulldogs players enclosure and behind the on field bench but you will enjoy the hill area no doubt.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get there early, gates open at 11.25am. Hope you have a great day and the boys put on a good show. I enjoyed last game vs. Melbourne, atmosphere beyond belief but trust me it will be even better tomorrow. Quite a few ticketed member no shows last game due to Ramadan so all those guys will be on board this time. Remember your last visit to a game there and think ten times more fun. I sit right beside the Bulldogs players enclosure and behind the on field bench but you will enjoy the hill area no doubt.
Cheers. Last game not a great result. Not exactly sure of the year but it was against the bears and Halligan kicked them to victory from memory!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Hoping for good weather like today. Can't wait for this one! C'mon you doggies!

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
You are making us Qlders jealous , hope the boys put on a show

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What time does nsw and nyc cup start tomorrow guys plz?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are making us Qlders jealous , hope the boys put on a show
Sorry mate, you will just have to put up with Rabbits and Co. At least those at the game can avoid it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Driving down to the game tomorrow from Newcastle. Parking will be hard to come by unless i get there super early... In saying that I'm more keen to catch a train from a nearby suburb. Anyone have any recommendations on the easiest station to access ?

Status
Not open for further replies.