Bellamy

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bellamy has proven all there is to prove at Melbourne. I would think the chance to rebuild a sleeping giant of a club and solidify his legacy as one of the best of all time would be attractive to him. having said that, if he's already committed to Melbourne, it's a moot point.
I was going to say that too “Legacy’

Wayne has won at two clubs (almost 3)

Bellamy can also lure Munster

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bellamy is never going to come here sorry to burst ur bubble boys

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It means that Bellamy is at an age where he wants to spend time with family and is at stage where he is close to retiring and him continuing to coach is a year by year proposition . They have commitment from him to coach till end of 2022 even tho signed a 5 year contract . That means if he wishes to still coach he can , otherwise if Bellamy does not want to continue coaching he can do whatever job he wants at the storm (ie football director and he doesn’t need to work full time and can spend time with family ) . Hence why he won’t quit as will be on coaches money and if decides to stop coaching he has a cushy role still on coaches money
Successful people are often motivated by a challenge.

Especially when said challenge comes with a stack of cash.

We are a powerful enough club to pull something like this off, and God knows we need MASSIVE change at the moment.

I don't think Melbourne would stand in his way either.

Very unlikely but far from impossible in my view.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter has always been a coorey favourite been trying to get him the coaches job here at dogs for years now...looks like they finally did it albeit interim for now
OK, so Coorey and his goons.
Good to see some things never change :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Potter has always been a coorey favourite been trying to get him the coaches job here at dogs for years now...looks like they finally did it albeit interim for now
Long time no speak Teddy, hope you’re well.
What happens next year though when the Mounties relationship severs - are they going push for Pots to be the head coach ongoing? I actually like him and he got the rough end of the pineapple at Concord so maybe?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't he on 2M a year at the Storm ? Are we offering 3M ? Doubt it

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your well too, dinkum.
Mate no idea about next year re mounties, potter is ok he gets what we are about etc, may face some respect issues from senior players, doubt robbie would have acted out to a bennett or a bellamy.
Unless gus has a marquee coach lined up for next year ,( ie bellamy ) then i think we should have stayed on course, stable board, stable football club , enough experience with gus , hansen, sharp and furner along with barrett to turn things around.
But here we are again back on the merry go round for our 3rd rebuild in a short space of time.
FMD
What happens next year though when the Mounties relationship severs - are they going push for Pots to be the head coach ongoing? I actually like him and he got the rough end of the pineapple at Concord so maybe?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hope your well too, dinkum.
Mate no idea about next year re mounties, potter is ok he gets what we are about etc, may face some respect issues from senior players, doubt robbie would have acted out to a bennett or a bellamy.
Unless gus has a marquee coach lined up for next year ,( ie bellamy ) then i think we should have stayed on course, stable board, stable football club , enough experience with gus , hansen, sharp and furner along with barrett to turn things around.
But here we are again back on the merry go round for our 3rd rebuild in a short space of time.
FMD
Agree with the first part.
For the second part though it had to be done.
I reckon if we were 5-5 most would’ve been happy enough that we’d won more games than last year and were showing signs of progress.
I supported Trent to give him a crack - even after getting the spoon. But we were going backwards.
Disruptive yes, but in the long run better for all parties.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has a price.
Offer him 3 mil a year for 3 years

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Without the cattle Bellamy won’t achieve much on the field, but he could definitely fix the culture !

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to see belly ache spraying our side with spit and venom at half time............ won't happen but it's a nice little day dream.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their is more than one approach when it comes to getting what you want/need.
To get Belamy I would even go straight to Lachlan Murdoch and and point out the harm some of his trash pushing Jurnalists have done our club.
We could also mention, that if it were'nt for us his dad's SL dream would probably have ended in poo or at the very least much worse off.
He or NEWS LTD owe us, I'm sure the Storm have a continguence plan set up already and can probably do without Bellamy,
We can also point out that if we wanted to, we could do them some harm to.
Even if they don't own the Storm any more, I'm sure that News could pull the necessary strings.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assistant at best, but of course that's all up to him and his results.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bellamy wont come to belmore even if they offered him 5m year and free daily kebabs