Bellamy re-signs for TWO MORE seasons and then SOME

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No surprise there. I expected Bellamy to stay. Why would he leave when they're demolishing teams regularly and won the comp last year?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kick them out the comp, why do we need Melbourne, game was better before them, and the QLD teams, bring back the Steelers, Magpies, and the Bears.
I'm so sick of seeing the storm in the finals and gf hope they never win another comp, it's their turn to finish at the bottom of the table even though that will probably never happen.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who was the flop who made the thread at the start of the year saying they were dead? lol
I remember the thread but to be fair to the OP at the start of the year Smith was leaving Paps was being talked about with other clubs including us, Nicho Hynes and Finucane were on the market, Bellamy was headed to QLD, JAC had signed with us and Jason Ryles was being talked about as their next coach. It looked like maybe the show was over, and then bang old mate Bellamy re-commits and Paps, Hughes, Munster, Grant and Smith will all be staying put..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No surprise there. I expected Bellamy to stay. Why would he leave when they're demolishing teams regularly and won the comp last year?
Yes, but Covid fucking things up like the 2nd Brisbane team also contributed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, but Covid fucking things up like the 2nd Brisbane team also contributed.
I still don't think he would have left even then. He's built a dynasty and they're set up to contend for years. I couldn't see him leaving when he could legitimately win another two titles.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Surprised he didn't want a fresh challenge....could have solidified his legacy as the greatest ever by elevating a struggling club.....this is good for the bulldogs though, as it decreases our chances of getting the cheese. Happy days.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
@TwinTurbo - thoughts Gary?
I don't have any inside info, but such a drastic backflip, if it is in fact true, is not how Bellamy usually operates. I feel there is more (maybe even less) to the story than we have heard so far. I do know that Melbourne were very concerned with the player exodus if he did finish up this year or next, particularly as they have no anointed successor.

Always a Bulldog

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't have any inside info, but such a drastic backflip, if it is in fact true, is not how Bellamy usually operates. I feel there is more (maybe even less) to the story than we have heard so far. I do know that Melbourne were very concerned with the player exodus if he did finish up this year or next, particularly as they have no anointed successor.

Always a Bulldog
Thanks Gary

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just seen him Twitter (The Storm account) telling his team he’s signed for FIVE years. Head coach next year at least, then maybe more, or maybe into football management role.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
“So basically, I’m signing for another five years. It’s very adaptable though, I’ll be the head coach next year then after that it’s basically see how we go.”