BELLAMY’S FUTURE A FACTOR IN STORM STAR’S NEXT MOVE

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BELLAMY’S FUTURE A FACTOR IN STORM STAR’S NEXT MOVE
BY SEN 31 MINUTES AGO

Melbourne Storm star Ryan Papenhuyzen is in no rush to extend his current deal that expires at the end of 2022.
Papenhuyzen’s management has opened contract talks with the Storm as his stocks continue to soar after scoring four tries in Friday night’s 40-6 thrashing of the Brisbane Broncos.

The gun fullback was released by Wests Tigers in 2017 and has since become a Clive Churchill Medallist in the Storm's Grand Final win last year.
Papenhuyzen, 22, says the future of Storm coach Craig Bellamy will be a key factor in deciding his next move.
“I think my manager is talking through it at the moment. I’m not too rushed,” he told Triple M.
“I’m pretty happy with how it's all going and obviously it would be good to see what Craig (Bellamy) is going to do as well.
Stay up to date with all the latest news from SEN. Sign up HERE.
“That will all be a factor. I’m not rushing through a decision.
“I think I come off-contract at the end of next year so just keep playing well and let that do the talking.”
Bellamy is yet to confirm his plans for 2022 and beyond amid links to the Broncos and Cronulla Sharks.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That thought did cross my mind too.Paps obviously would cost LOTS of money and Bellamy as football director.Brandon Smith would come too then

Malla

Reaction score
Could not care less about this flogs future

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get rid of Sione Katoa and JMK
Offer Clark 1.5M over 3yrs..let Aaron Gray learn from him
Get rid of Meaney,put Allan in the centre’s.
Offer Paps 4M over 4yrs.
Find someone to take DWZ for 70% of his contract
Get rid of Ogden and Napa..
Offer Afoa and Hamlin- Uele a year more than any other offer they receive.
Hoppa and Britt need to go as well..free up some more cash in case someone worthy comes on to the market

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a brilliant player. He'd have every club chasing him. Thankfully he's from Sydney, supported us and the Roosters and Souths have Teddy/Sualli and Mitchell long term while Penrith won't be able to afford him..

So we'd be in a position to make him our marquee signing.. But there's a long time between now and then..

If we just signed Daine Laurie instead of Allan, then we could just be happy with him for a third of what Papenhuysen will eventually cost someone.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Getting Bellamy to coach would be the priority ... he instills a great culture , take no bull shit from players and would lead to much better initial signing for sure

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of playing Papenhuyzen at 9?

He’s fast, but haven’t seen much of his passing. Could be what we’re missing. A spine of:

1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
9. Papenhuyzen

would be in the top 16 of the comp.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Throw him a mil. Get him here!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Make him the highest paid player in the league. He’d be worth every cent.