Beer Appreciation Thread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered beer from purvis?
They have a pretty good range and the only place I’ve found with a decent Stone brewing range. I ordered last Monday and my boxes haven’t even left Victoria!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a pretty good range and the only place I’ve found with a decent Stone brewing range. I ordered last Monday and my boxes haven’t even left Victoria!
I've been to their shop in Richmond and I'm on their mailing list, but I don't think I've done an online order with them.

I quite like The Beer Drop. https://www.thebeerdrop.com.au/

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might find the delay of your beer is just a general backlog at the moment,
Lets hope this is all cleared up as we move closer to Xmas.
I was actually drinking Stone Wood on tap at my local before lockdown and found it pretty good.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've been to their shop in Richmond and I'm on their mailing list, but I don't think I've done an online order with them.

I quite like The Beer Drop. https://www.thebeerdrop.com.au/
Cheers mate I’ll check it out!

You might find the delay of your beer is just a general backlog at the moment,
Lets hope this is all cleared up as we move closer to Xmas.
I was actually drinking Stone Wood on tap at my local before lockdown and found it pretty good.
It looks like it’s been stolen in transit unfortunately. I get stacks of parcels daily and they are a day or two slower at the moment but this one hasn’t moved for 8 days and Australia Post can’t find it. Dammit! I’ve been looking forward to trying all the new stone brewing stuff

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It looks like it’s been stolen in transit unfortunately. I get stacks of parcels daily and they are a day or two slower at the moment but this one hasn’t moved for 8 days and Australia Post can’t find it. Dammit! I’ve been looking forward to trying all the new stone brewing stuff
I had the same thing happen recently when a parcel went through Australia post sorting centre in Chullora. Sat there for 2 full weeks then finally moved.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen recently when a parcel went through Australia post sorting centre in Chullora. Sat there for 2 full weeks then finally moved.
They seem to lose a lot of shit. Surely it can’t be that hard. My international parcels seem to arrive faster then local ones

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They seem to lose a lot of shit. Surely it can’t be that hard. My international parcels seem to arrive faster then local ones
They started claiming that Covid-19 has slowed them down and caused all these issues. I pointed out to them that I ordered other items that came via Startrack and Toll and both came within 2 days.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They started claiming that Covid-19 has slowed them down and caused all these issues. I pointed out to them that I ordered other items that came via Startrack and Toll and both came within 2 days.
Exactly. I bought a stack of new beers to try anyway but really missing my Stone stuff :(

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t want to be seen with the VB growler I got given today full of Pirate Life hazy mosaic so I ordered myself this
DFDD56A5-E13C-417F-BBB8-3CF4AA2E0E76.png

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That’s a bit of bad luck,
Someone is enjoying your nice beer let’s hope it was a bad batch lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy fathers day weekend.

This is unfortunately the best I could muster from Hervey Bay BWS, but it's not too bad for Woolies beer.

20210904_182044.jpg

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s a bit of bad luck,
Someone is enjoying your nice beer let’s hope it was a bad batch lol
Haha I won’t say my actual thoughts or someone will report me haha

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So I tried this for the first time tonight. apparently Rauchbier is a German style of using melted barley heated over woodchips or something. The taste reminded a bit like when some wanker mate gets into using smokers for meat and special woodchips etc and tries to get you interested.

20210908_192211.jpg

20210908_192425.jpg

Look, I'm always up for trying new things, and I do like this brewery generally, but, as Simon says:

received_553486522638788.gif

CalvinGordon

Waterboy
Reaction score
It is a good thing that you all are planning to have a good time this holiday. Well, there is nothing wrong if it is all about drinking beers. Why don't you all add some wine? Drinking beer is all good but kind of feels heavy in the long run especially the ones that are too frizzy.