Beer Appreciation Thread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of 'Windjammer', but I haven't tried much else of their range. I always have mixed feelings when a small brewery basically 'sells out'. I'm happy for them that they are growing their business but at the same time, they all just seem to lose their soul and forget what made them good in the first place. They basically just become another run of the mill forgettable brand.
Unfortunately it’s often the case. It’s so hard to remain truly independent though, especially in Australia with our extreme liquor licensing laws and excessive taxes

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't had a beer in about 2 weeks. Trying to get off the darts and I know if I crack a coldie, I'll cave straight away.
Quit smoking about 12 years back. Cigarettes absolutely stink now. But the moment I crack a cold one, they smell like the farts of angels.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tonight I drank a Brook Lane IPA.

Normally I think that IPAs taste like fermented crap. And this is no different. How do people drink this stuff?
I say the same about beers other than IPA. I can occasionally drink a pale ale but honestly they just taste like water when most beers I drink are 8.5% and above

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I say the same about beers other than IPA. I can occasionally drink a pale ale but honestly they just taste like water when most beers I drink are 8.5% and above
Odd thing is that I like XPAs, but something about IPAs just tastes terrible. Even Bentspoke which I love. Their IPA is really hard to drink.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Odd thing is that I like XPAs, but something about IPAs just tastes terrible. Even Bentspoke which I love. Their IPA is really hard to drink.
I guess it’s just an acquired taste. Try something really strong and see what you think. There is just so much flavour in those ones

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Japanese beers go really well with Asian food, but overall I still generally find them be a bit bland for a session.