Beer Appreciation Thread

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Furphy, Stone and Wood, Pure Blonde, One Fifty lashes, Bentspoke (blue can), Kosciusko

kosciusko would be my first choice

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@CroydonDog Hows Mrs CD doing these days?

CroydonPup can't be far off now!!
Thanks @Mr Invisible (not sure how I missed the tag).

Officially, we allegedly have 12 days to go, but i think it will come early. Did the child seat install this morning, so good parking spots at Westfield, here I come.

The crucial date according to my Chinese mother in law is 16 February (new year), when he or she will be a Dog rather than a Rooster. Come to think of it, that would be much better!

I bought one of these the other day. Mrs CD said "what if its a girl?" I said no bloody difference, they can still look like a footy....

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks @Mr Invisible (not sure how I missed the tag).

Officially, we allegedly have 12 days to go, but i think it will come early. Did the child seat install this morning, so good parking spots at Westfield, here I come.

The crucial date according to my Chinese mother in law is 16 February (new year), when he or she will be a Dog rather than a Rooster. Come to think of it, that would be much better!

I bought one of these the other day. Mrs CD said "what if its a girl?" I said no bloody difference, they can still look like a footy....

Congrats on your NEw Edition (When they arrive) is it your 1st?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats on your NEw Edition (When they arrive) is it your 1st?
An odd thread to be having this disussion :grinning:

But seriously, thanks.

Yes, our first. 6 cycles of IVF. Terrified and excited at the same time. Not sure if being older parents (we both just turned 40) will be a positive or a negative. I suspect a bit of both.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

But seriously, thanks.

Yes, our first. 6 cycles of IVF. Terrified and excited at the same time. Not sure if being older parents (we both just turned 40) will be a positive or a negative. I suspect a bit of both.
Youll be fine the bonus to that when your 45 taking your jnr to school just about every female will be younger so even an average 30yr old will look good to you .its win win

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

But seriously, thanks.

I was the same, a dad @ 41, you'll be right.

It's s teep learning curve, but you'll get the hang of it.

Back to beer! I used to work in alexandria and I'd go to Rocks Brewery a lot, the beers there are great - i bought a Growler (2 Litre Bottle) of beer once, but i had to pretty much drink it when i got home as there was no room in teh fridge.

It was a great night ;)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
- i bought a Growler (2 Litre Bottle) of beer once, but i had to pretty much drink it when i got home as there was no room in teh fridge.

It was a great night ;)
You gotta do what you gotta do.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I only drink Wild Yak Pacific Ale these days, it's a decent enough beer and goes down easy.

The Misses has purchased me a few memberships to different sites over the years, Booze Bud is awesome, 2 years ago i got a Beer Advent Calendar, 1 beer every day for 25 days.
Then for Christmas i got a 6 month membership - a dozen beers in a box delivered to me each month - 4 diffeernt kinds.

It was awesome, they have a Valentines speciel too, all cans.

they are caling it "Valentinnies"

I have dropped a few hints, we will see if she has listened

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@CroydonDog

Burleigh Heads Brewing Company just released this one for summer - Twisted Palm Tropical Pale Ale.

Light full flavour Pale Ale, with hops with notes of Mango, Orange and Papaya.

It's good!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love my pure blondes awesome taste and low carbs/sugar

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
With the off season in full swing, its time to bring back an actually interesting thread.

I'm drinking this at the moment. Beer is so so, but you know label is funny. From Germany (although the town of Fucking is in Austria).

20181114_194431-567x836.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Budwieser. The American version.

It always surprises me how Budwieser in Australia tastes like horse piss but in America it tastes like the nectar of the Gods.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Budwieser. The American version.

It always surprises me how Budwieser in Australia tastes like horse piss but in America it tastes like the nectar of the Gods.
Same with Corona, in Mexico tastes awesome, here it tastes like watered down light beer.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going to dip my lid to the makers of Moo Brew (Tasmanians), for making a proper 375ml can and not those silly little ones everyone is making these days (except Coopers thankfully).

20181201_200846.jpg

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I went for a pizza and stopped at the local sporties for a tooheys or three.

How long should you wait before driving after 3 beers just in case the police hit you with the RBT?
If 3 schooners will put you over the limit I have to say our laws for drink driving need to be reviewed!

I’m 6’7 tall and over 120kgs, there’s no way 3 beers will do enough damage to impair my driving?