Beer Appreciation Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tonight is a 6 pack of Gage Roads Sleeping Giant IPA. I suspect this will be one of my last opportunities, with Mrs CD at 36 weeks.
Your beer consumption is only going to go up from here :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tonight is a 6 pack of Gage Roads Sleeping Giant IPA. I suspect this will be one of my last opportunities, with Mrs CD at 36 weeks.

View attachment 4827
Not a fan of IPA's but Gage Roads do make good beers.

On a side note, I polished off way too many beers in Brisbane and woke up thinking that I'm never drinking beer again. My flight home was delayed at the last moment so I'm now sitting in Brisbane airport drinking a wild yak.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan of IPA's but Gage Roads do make good beers.

On a side note, I polished off way too many beers in Brisbane and woke up thinking that I'm never drinking beer again. My flight home was delayed at the last moment so I'm now sitting in Brisbane airport drinking a wild yak.
So you did the west end pub crawl like I suggested?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you did the west end pub crawl like I suggested?
Nah. Wanted to but didn't get the chance or effort. Had the funeral in the morning on Thursday and expected the wake to be a short one. Had the wake at the Samford Valley Hotel and ended up drinking there from about 12:30pm until about 9pm. Then headed back to the hotel and passed out.

Friday I had business meetings in the morning which ended up going until about 4pm and required me to walk about 30km around the city. After that I went back to the hotel and had a quick hangover recovery nap, then had a look around Queen Street mall, ate some Korean fried chicken, drank many a beer at a few random pubs then decided that I was too lazy to go any further than that. So I found a cowboy pub with a mechanical bull which turned out to be a complete let down, then I spent the night watching magic shows and listening to musicians in Queen Street. Then drank more beers, then slept a few hours and now here I am.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I did enjoy Brisbane though and wanted to spend more time looking around. I plan on heading up again soon to do the proper tourist thing when I don't have any work or funeral commitments.

Have to say it's great that there's a lot less ***** than there is in Sydney and it's a lot less congested.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My wife has said in the past she wants me to take her to New York.

So tonight I bought and drank a six pack of these in front of her.

She didn't feel like she went to New York but I got a free holiday to the couch.

20180120_191125.jpg

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only touch pure blonde these days trying to lose weight and get fit and it has the lowest sugar by far and tastes good

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only touch pure blonde these days trying to lose weight and get fit and it has the lowest sugar by far and tastes good
I tend to drink Pure Blonde, Carlton Dry and Summer Ale for the low carbs. Spent two nights drinking One 50 Lashes and I swear my gut tripled in size.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can try to convincre yourself that low carb beer tastes good, just like others will pretend Coke Zero tastes like the real thing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is good stuff.

I resisted cans for so long due to the poor taste beer used to have in them (that tinny taste).

However So many breweries are getting into it. Makes sense. Transport is cheaper, beer lasts longer (esp if imported), and as the girl at my bottlo said: we can fit more in the fridge.

20180121_125749.jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe were you in Brisbane the day some person tried to drive up the pedestrian boardwalk at Southbank in their Magna.

There's one thing you quickly grow to hate about that area though... F**KN cyclists and fitness freaks who almost barrell you over as you go for a leisurely stroll along Southbank.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe were you in Brisbane the day some person tried to drive up the pedestrian boardwalk at Southbank in their Magna.

There's one thing you quickly grow to hate about that area though... F**KN cyclists and fitness freaks who almost barrell you over as you go for a leisurely stroll along Southbank.
A cyclist or nice guy is a tad less annoying than a drunk woman careering through in her unregistered car though...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still impressed she managed to get her car all the way along there.
This was after driving in from Atkinsons Dam. That would be like someone getting drunk in, say, Katoomba and decided a drive to the city was a good idea.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This was after driving in from Atkinsons Dam. That would be like someone getting drunk in, say, Katoomba and decided a drive to the city was a good idea.
Just took a look on Google Maps... heck it's over an hour away.

For those wondering what the heck CroydonDog and I are talking about:
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...k/news-story/868c0c9bb368c9ebf11f7f6aecff8899

January 17, 2018 8:36am
Security guards from the city’s South Bank precinct were called to the boardwalk near the Queensland State Library and Art Gallery just before 7pm last night.

Police allege the woman drove to Brisbane from Atkinsons Dam where she then allegedly drove through the Kurilpa parkway limited-access walkway and bicycle path.

The woman managed to travel more than 300m along the boardwalk before police managed to stop the vehicle and tested the female driver for alcohol.
She returned a positive reading and was taken back to the Brisbane City Watch House where was given another breath test, allegedly returning a reading of 0.153 per cent — more than three times the legal limit.

The woman allegedly told police she had been drinking at home before deciding to get behind the wheel. She then allegedly grabbed some more drinks before heading to Brisbane.

She then drove the hour and a half from Atkinsons Dam to Brisbane’s CBD where she eventually ended up on the city boardwalk.

The 40-year-old woman has been given a Notice to Appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court on February 13.

She has been charged with drink driving, driving without a licence and driving an unregistered vehicle.

The woman has also been disqualified from driving three times in the past and had her dog in the vehicle with her, Channel 7 reports.
Clearly appreciates her beers.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Being Australia Day, I have gone for something local.

Newstead are one of Brissies best known small brewers. This 6 pack was $23 But that's a lot cheaper than drinking at their brewery.

Cheers.

20180126_175907.jpg

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is good stuff.

I resisted cans for so long due to the poor taste beer used to have in them (that tinny taste).

However So many breweries are getting into it. Makes sense. Transport is cheaper, beer lasts longer (esp if imported), and as the girl at my bottlo said: we can fit more in the fridge.

View attachment 4848
Have you tried Hop Culture from Mornington Brewing?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you tried Hop Culture from Mornington Brewing?
Definitely looks/sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on where I have consumed it.

There are so many choices these days.