Beer Appreciation Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's with all this poofter fancy boutique beer getting round ? Your all a pack of noodle armed choir boys.
Back when i was i kid we had to drink warm cans of k.b. walking 12kms barefoot in the freezing snow to school and that was on summer back when summer was cold farking pooftas get a dog up ya and suck some kb
images-11.jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pacific Raddlers (Lime or Lemon or Blood Orange) ... cheap as all fuck and not a bad drop :D

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we include spirits? Was mixing in a few wild turkeys with my new but have gone back to the Beam for a bit.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What's with all this poofter fancy boutique beer getting round ? Your all a pack of noodle armed choir boys.
Back when i was i kid we had to drink warm cans of k.b. walking 12kms barefoot in the freezing snow to school and that was on summer back when summer was cold farking pooftas get a dog up ya and suck some kb
View attachment 4801
Good luck finding KB now. Last I saw it was at Henson Park almost a decade ago.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding KB now. Last I saw it was at Henson Park almost a decade ago.
Pub in Sydney sold its last 18 cans in 2011 or something lol.give it 5 years it will come back as a special edition at 60 bucks a case

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pub in Sydney sold its last 18 cans in 2011 or something lol.give it 5 years it will come back as a special edition at 60 bucks a case
SMH 24/11/11

It was rolled gold but KB Lager may be on the way out

THE consumption of alcohol in NSW risks becoming lonesome, morbid and drear as a last great historic link with local brewing, KB Lager, teeters towards extinction.

One of the few Tooth and Co's drops still on the market, KB Lager was once such a NSW favourite that CUB dared not drop the brand when the Victorian takeover occurred.

That was 38 years ago but now KB lager is almost harder to find than hen's teeth.

No longer on tap, it is available as takeaway cans in a dwindling number of pubs but has completely vanished from online liquor outlets.

In an apparent attempt to deflect attention from the KB Lager drought, CUB this week issued a limited edition Resch's Draught can - featuring the original can design from the early '60s. Only 5000 cartons have been produced, CUB says, to give NSW beer drinkers a taste of the past.

But that has not satisfied Brenden Lawless, the licensee of the Strawberry Hills Hotel in Surry Hills, who is down to his last 18 cans of KB.

He said CUB had told one of his managers that KB Lager was no longer available. ''It is so heavy with heritage, everybody's dad drank it,'' Mr Lawless said. ''KB added character to our fridge and put a smile on drinkers' faces but now, shocked would be the best word to describe it. I was begging the man from CUB, 'Don't cut us off, don't cut us off'. It's our best-selling beer.''

KB is a contraction of Kent Brewery, named by John Tooth as a homesick nod to the England he left when he started making beer on the Parramatta Road site in 1835.
  • Some say KB went on to become a patriotic part of NSW life, as XXXX did in Queensland. The beer wars of the 1970s and '80s featured massive advertising campaigns with blokey images of handlebar moustaches and racecallers spruiking the product, and the tipple acquired the slang names Kid's Beer and Rolled Gold.

In recent times, KB served as a prop for the fictitious rugby league boofhead Reg Reagan, aka Matthew Johns, a shtick that failed to excite consumers.

Mr Lawless renovated his hotel last November and decided to stock the fridge with KB Lager to ''bring back memories''.

''It hit a chord with the 30-plus crowd … soon as they see it they say, 'Oh, that's the beer my dad used to drink, I'll get three of those,' '' he said.

''I actually spoke with a bloke from Carlton about six months ago because I wanted to get it on tap. And he told me they were probably going to discontinue it.''

Some have not waited for a taste of nostalgia, however. The KB flag from the Strawberry Hills Hotel bottle shop has been souvenired already.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mrs CD is trying to cut down my consumption during the week, so i have been restricting myself to 4 packs, albeit of IPA.

Little Creatures IPA is the current go-to.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had this the other day is from a craft brewery in Victoria. Dead set one of the nicest beers I have had, at 9.1%!

Love the can, watch the Government try and ban it.

A

Alexander the Great

Had this the other day is from a craft brewery in Victoria. Dead set one of the nicest beers I have had, at 9.1%!

9.1 fuck me.. 6 pack and your dog shit.
i likeeeeee ittt

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 4801

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mrs CD is trying to cut down my consumption during the week, so i have been restricting myself to 4 packs, albeit of IPA.

Little Creatures IPA is the current go-to.
Little creatures pale ale is tasty as fuck

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm more of the "crisp/refreshing" beer person.

Great Northern I've found to be really nice. Just finished a case (took me well over 6 months) of Stone and Woods.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IS it weird that I hate beer from a can? I mean it just doesn’t get as cold, it fizzes too much and yeah it just doesn’t make sense, beer is meant to be ice cold in a bottle. Whoever disagrees clearly doesn’t know anything about anything.