Beer Appreciation Thread

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A Samoan beer called Vailima is a nice beer. Single barrel JD hits the spot for the hot stuff.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm currently enjoying a Rogers by Little Creatures at a bowls club on the river. Would send you all a photo but I don't know how to upload them on the app :p

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Best thread on here but there's some comments that make me want to he-bitch manslap negroes.

XXXX and I have a very open relationship these days, following are some of my favorites.

Milk and Two Sugars- 30000 shots of espresso in every keg. Tasty, tasty beer with a hit like crack.

Tuatara DIPA- best thing NZ has ever produced, you can feel your balls growing with every sip

Hop, Collaborate and Glisten- Vanilla-y IPA goodness with a Robbie Van Winkel reference. Winning.

Black Lung V- Smoked porter, kicks hard and so good cold as your mother in law's embrace

Love Tap- Double Lager, hoppy as hell unlike most lagers (the majority of which I call sex on the beach because they're f*cking close to water)

Last two are both brewed by Moon Dog in Victoria, amazing brewery. Only had one I didn't like, Bad Boy Bubbly was a barley based champagne style beer whose only saving grace was being over 13% abv.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my beers and am definitely not fussy. Love me some Extra Dry at home, Lagers at pubs, Pale Ales at bars where the missus tells me i have to behave lol

If im feeling a bottle, JDz and Coke Zero is my jam.

If im on a Saturday lunchtime time sip-a-thon that leads to early hours of the morning, bottle of Remy Martin Or Hennessey with 1 cube is where its at. I get the cheap RM. Think its $120 or the $80 henny.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of either dark beer, or crisp refreshing beers.

Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager is a rather nice drop.
Vonu from Fiji is probably the best out of Fiji.
Kosciuszko Bock's are AMAZING if you can find them.
Knappstein Reserve is pretty decent too.

I'm not big on Chimay (disappointing for the cost). Really earthy taste.

Cider wise - Batlow Cider Company make an amazingly fresh cider.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bunderberg beer..and that's Ginger beer..the only beer I've ever drunk.. I love it :-)

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Mexico is a diverse place and also there are quite a few different beers I guess.

According to an article I just read (no idea of its accuracy), the top 3 are Corona, Tecate and Dos Equis. There you go. :grinning:
Got some Tecate the other day, gonna try it out on the weekend.

A Samoan beer called Vailima is a nice beer. Single barrel JD hits the spot for the hot stuff.
Vailima is awesome. Got smashed drinking long necks of it.

That's "African" Tusker ... I've fallen for that cruel joke already.
Here's the one below ...

I had a Tusker singlet, it was my favourite. Better than a Bintang, Singha or Fiji Bitter singlet.

Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager is a rather nice drop..
Bland, watery but inoffensive piss.

Have always had a soft spot for Reschs on tap, but if I can't get it I'll drink Coopers Pale, more often than not.

Guinness in the winter or Tooheys Old as a back up. Or Carlton Dark when I can find it.

I try anything, but stop short of anything that's too hoppy.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Vailima. Although i drink it cold not warm like the family do back in Sa. Was $5 for a longneck back in Auckland. Havent found any in Brisbane.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't drink alcohol anymore like my body rejects it straight away.

Kids don't start drinking when you're 13 you peak too early and won't be able to enjoy it when you're not bothered looking after your body anymore and want that iconic Aussie keg belly

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love Vailima. Although i drink it cold not warm like the family do back in Sa. Was $5 for a longneck back in Auckland. Havent found any in Brisbane.
I with you on drinking any beer cold! Lol@shops selling beer out of a pusa'aisa that ain't even on in Sa!

Btw, I was in Sa last year and was drinking heaps of Taula- not too bad.You tried it? 8% and cheaper than Vailima.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
James Squire - 150 Lashes or 9 tails

White Rabbit - Dark Ale

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love White Rabbit, but I'm also a connoisseur of not spending $60 on a case of beer.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im a non drinker so my drop over christmas will be bundaberg brewed ginger beer,icy cold its a good drop on a hot day

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
im a non drinker so my drop over christmas will be bundaberg brewed ginger beer,icy cold its a good drop on a hot day
Man that stuff is good. King of the Ginger Beers.

Goes great with bourbon too.