Beer Appreciation Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a no from me. Too fruity for my tastes...
20210526_191833.jpg

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any recommendations for this weekend?

Been slaughtering myself on the trusty great northern and newtowner for the past couple months. Really open to any style of beer

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for this weekend?

Been slaughtering myself on the trusty great northern and newtowner for the past couple months. Really open to any style of beer
Jap beers easy to drink dont taste like a watered down passion fruit iceblock if you like simple taste

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
IPAs are always fruity?

I can understand that comment being directed against those newfangled Hazy IPAs, the old school regular New England/West Coast jobs? Nah.
Every one I have tried has tasty fruity to me. Different levels of fruityness, but always fruity.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I am exactly the same. Struggle to enjoy an IPA but I'll slam XPAs
Maybe try a hazy IPA then if you like XPA. Sounds weird but give it a go. I just had a few Brooklyn hazy IPAs. I don’t usually like Brooklyn much but it was a decent beer

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe try a hazy IPA then if you like XPA. Sounds weird but give it a go. I just had a few Brooklyn hazy IPAs. I don’t usually like Brooklyn much but it was a decent beer
I'll give it a whirl. I do enjoy the fuck out of a sour but

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'll give it a whirl. I do enjoy the fuck out of a sour but
Enjoy. Yep even more reason to try some hazys then. Some good stuff in Aus & NZ but I prefer the U.S stuff

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy. Yep even more reason to try some hazys then. Some good stuff in Aus & NZ but I prefer the U.S stuff
The bottle shop on Klein's Rd Northmead always have something weird and wonderful for me to try so I'll shoot down and see what's what

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The bottle shop on Klein's Rd Northmead always have something weird and wonderful for me to try so I'll shoot down and see what's what
Great stuff. I’m sure you’ll find some really nice beers. I personally think the higher the alcohol content the nicer the beer is a lot of the time. Just more flavour

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Throw us the name of a couple. Don't tell me that Asahi rubbish
Nah not the biggest fan of that Sapporo in pint can got to be cold though
And Okinawa dry very easy to drink if that's 2 watery
20210524_171229_copy_1512x2016.jpg

If you want a nice beer that taste like beer kozel would be the go obviously not jap but good beer flavour without fruity shit
1000004677-KOZELMIX-1.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also love this , brewery is nearly 1000years old they been making beer since 768 or something and doesn't taste like a hipster shook up a bottle of passion pop and stuck it up his arse and shat it out and decided to call it beer, ( no offense to hipster who like putting passion pop bottles up their arses and thinking it's beer)
images.jpeg-205.jpg