Bee Gees, how good were they.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you were walking through a nightclub when stayin alive was on you’d feel like you’re strutting even though you’re not haha

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you were walking through a nightclub when stayin alive was on you’d feel like you’re strutting even though you’re not haha
I think thats the delema. I cant dance and when I hear staying alive the left foot starts a tappin, my hair chest hair sprouts 2 inches and I find it hard very hard to contain myself.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who enjoys the Bee Gees and happens to be in Brisbane, I recommend a visit to Bee Gees Way in Redcliffe, which is just down the road from their boyhood home.

I have taken my own mother as well as my inlaws and they loved it. Its a very tasteful tribute to the band, and I think was officially opened by Barry himself.

1612070516731.png

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who enjoys the Bee Gees and happens to be in Brisbane, I recommend a visit to Bee Gees Way in Redcliffe, which is just down the road from their boyhood home.

I have taken my own mother as well as my inlaws and they loved it. Its a very tasteful tribute to the band, and I think was officially opened by Barry himself.

View attachment 20917
How deep is your love for that place CD?
You ain’t Jive Talkin’ I hope :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've been thinking about how to fit Massachusetts into this thread, so we'll played sir, well played. You Should be Dancin'
Thanks CD. For a minute there I was feeling Alone and wondering How I Could Mend a Broken Heart but now I’m Happy Ever After :-).

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thanks CD. For a minute there I was feeling Alone and wondering How I Could Mend a Broken Heart but now I’m Happy Ever After :-).
You're more than a woman to me...

Sorry, I have a touch of the Night Fever.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Having worked in recording studios I can tell you there’s many tricks - auto tune, double and triple tracking of vocals - lots of things that can make an average singer sound decent.

Whilst some of those tricks have been around forever, digital tech has made it easier. Today pop music is much more about marketing than music. There’s very little money in making albums now - the internet killed that from theft to paltry streaming royalties. The money today is touring and merch and that’s largely image.

Check what happens when live vocals are isolated from the main mix which compensates for deficiencies:
Now compare that to someone who can actually sing:
It’s the same live, without the trickery you’ve either got it or you don’t and for older musicians they had far less opportunity to fake it until they make it:
So whilst I wasn’t a huge Bee Gees fan they were definitely the real deal in terms of being legit.
Where'd Pete's hair go?