Because it's quiet and I like to be proved right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Here's a story for you all.

The other night me and some mates were hanging out and drinking and playing poker etc, and for whatever reason someone started chatting about living in the ocean. This ridiculous idea soon sprung into each of us naming what creature we'd like to be (normally to be able to eat whatever the last person named as their creature of choice.)

Anyway, eventually one girl said she would be a whale, and I quickly piped up with "Just make sure you keep away from those damn Japanese whalers!"

I thought it was funny, as did some others, but she however started going on about how racist I was to say such a thing. My point that I went on to explain was that I only said Japanese whalers because recently they have been a big news item and have received lots of coverage for their unethical and sometimes unlawful whaling expeditions.

Her whole point was that I should have just called them whalers, not Japanese whalers. I then said "If Americans were in the same position as the Japanese, and I said 'American Whalers' - would you care as much as you do now'.

She wouldn't.

So, people of the kennel jury - was my comedic wit and excellent timing a piece of brilliance, or a cheap racist jab?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it was brilliance. And this girl is an uptight ***** (lol i hope this girl wasnt Izy, sorry if i called her a ***** :p)

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Varg how old are you?

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
No, it was brilliance. And this girl is an uptight ***** (lol i hope this girl wasnt Izy, sorry if i called her a ***** :p)
Haha no it wasn't Izzi, don't worry ;)

Varg how old are you?
I'm 22, but the girl was only 18, she was a friend of my mate's younger sister or some weird connection like that. It was the first time I'd met her too, which made the whole situation even more awkward.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm 22, but the girl was only 18, she was a friend of my mate's younger sister or some weird connection like that. It was the first time I'd met her too, which made the whole situation even more awkward.
Was she hot?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
She sounds like a preppy b*tch tbh. I hate people like that.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh and btw.. if she had said she wanted to be a whale in my group of friends we would have called her fat. Immaturity lol.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
You were right to say Japanese Whalers mate. I mean after all they are japs and they are whaling so I dont see why she got upset.. Young people these days mate.. I just dont understand them..

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
On a slighlty related topic, at the easter show the other year my gf and I went to one of the stalls that was selling shirts. There were some awesome shirts, pretty funny but pretty rude.

I got a couple of hilarious shirts, and my gf also got a shirt with a picture of a cute whale on it, above reading "Save the whales". Below the whale however, in smaller text read "Eat the Japanese".

Same thing. Most people found it hilarious, however younger aussie females seem to disapprove of it (Not that my GF wears it out a lot, obviously some people, especially Japanese people, may take it the wrong way.)

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I would have said "your excessive political correctness and lame attempts at righteousness have no place at this poker table you stuck up preppy tart. Now gtfo"

But thats just me.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
On a slighlty related topic, at the easter show the other year my gf and I went to one of the stalls that was selling shirts. There were some awesome shirts, pretty funny but pretty rude.

I got a couple of hilarious shirts, and my gf also got a shirt with a picture of a cute whale on it, above reading "Save the whales". Below the whale however, in smaller text read "Eat the Japanese".

Same thing. Most people found it hilarious, however younger aussie females seem to disapprove of it (Not that my GF wears it out a lot, obviously some people, especially Japanese people, may take it the wrong way.)
Hahaha.. Nice.. People just need to learn to relax.. Most of the time people are just taking the piss and everyone gets offended.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
That's what we call "Playing the Race Card" ...

Someone Google me one ...

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Just after 9/11 I wore a shirt that was basically the statue of liberty holding up the decapitated head of Osama Bin Laden with the words "and Justice for all" underneath. Do you think she would have had issues with that one lol?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Had to be one of the worst stories I've ever read.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A bit worrying when those are the topics discussed around drinks and poker tbh

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Had to be one of the worst stories I've ever read.
Slippery - i liked you better when you handed out sympathy 'LOLs' to my fail threads.

A bit worrying when those are the topics discussed around drinks and poker tbh
This is what happens when your friends little sisters buddies decide to join in. It was either talking about this or explaining for the 11th time why blinds are necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.