1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Beattie on the wayout?

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by steeliz, Aug 20, 2019.

1. steeliz

steeliz Kennel Enthusiast

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...-by-peter-vlandys-as-arlc-chairman/ar-AAG1XgV

[​IMG]

The Australian Rugby League Commission is set for a shake up with reports that chairman Peter Beattie will step down to be replaced by Peter V'landys.

According to journalist Danny Weidler, Beattie, who has been in the role since February last year, will make way for the current chief executive of Racing NSW next February.

Beattie has copped plenty of criticism during his time in the role, making several high-profile gaffes including recently mispronouncing the name of legendary rugby league pioneer JJ Giltinan at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

The former Queensland Premier hasn't been helped by a host of off-field dramas throughout his tenure.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Weidler said Beattie is set to depart, though NRL CEO Todd Greenberg is likely to accept an offer to remain in the position.

"There's been a lot of talk and a lot of disquiet about the performances of Peter Beattie as chairman and Todd Greenberg as CEO, and there are people who want both of them out of the game," Weidler said.

"The most likely scenario we're going to see is Beattie will be gone by February.

"Peter V'Landys will be the new chairman of the game and you'll find that Todd Greenberg will be offered a couple more years to be the CEO if he wants it.

"At this stage I am hearing, and who wouldn't because he's getting paid around $1.25 million-a-year, he'll probably accept that."

"I think he will be offered that and I think he will most-likely take it."

V'landys has built a reputation as an innovative sports administrator, famously rejuvenating the racing industry in the NSW on the back of the introduction of The Everest race.

Phil Gould was optimistic about the impact V'landys could have on the game in the role of ARLC chairman.

"From what I know of him he is very creative," Gould said.

"He's quite aggressive in his thinking, he's quite promotional in the ideas he'll come up with.

"I don't know his full history in the game of rugby league or his background in that part.

"But what he will do is hold all management accountable and he'll hold the financials of the organisation accountable. Far more accountable than it's been up to this point in time.

"He doesn't suffer fools, he doesn't suffer mediocrity and he's very cost-conscious.

"From what I understand in the questions that Peter V'Landys has asked there's been no justification for all the money that has gone aside.

"So I would say that will be the big improvement for the game, is the financial accountability."

2. steeliz

steeliz Kennel Enthusiast

One out of 2 is a start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS In the Sin Bin Gilded

Apparently greenturd is getting 2 more years extension.

4. Scoooby

Scoooby Immortal Premium Member Gilded

Good lol.

5. speedy2460

speedy2460 Kennel Enthusiast

Who remembers his effort in the Com Games.

6. Lil Ms Fabulous

Lil Ms Fabulous Is Trollin

Peter Beatie seriously needs to disappear ASAP

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mr. Ditkovich

Mr. Ditkovich Forum Regular

I wonder which person looked at the current state of the NRL, was satisfied with it, and offered Greenberg a contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dogs_92

Dogs_92 Forum Regular

Hope so, the guy is a cancer to Rugby League and on top of that he is just cringe worthy. Also a fuckwit did I mention that absolute fuckwit

9. Typical dog

Typical dog Forum Regular

Harold Holt style?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. bowleggedwog

bowleggedwog wogdog

Isn't the CEO a more important position. Greenberg runs the game day to day. The Chairman over see and works with the board. I would think we need V'landys hands-on day to day because the NRL is pretty fucked atm.

11. Some doggies supporter

Some doggies supporter Participant

One down now one to go

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TABOO

TABOO Kennel Enthusiast

Peter Beattie's parting gift.
    Fucking another 2 years under this idiot of a CEO? The game be will destroyed.

13. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

I can't say i'm that ecstatic about a gambling guy being appointed chairman.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alan79

Alan79 Immortal

Screams "hooks sinking deeper into the game" to me.

15. El Padrino

El Padrino Forum Regular

images (8).jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Dogs_92

Dogs_92 Forum Regular

17. wendog33

wendog33 Kennel Enthusiast

Cam Smith will be next CEO...Toddy keeping the seat warm for him until he's had one more year with the Storm...made sure no one can ever beat his points record and games tally and a year off to spend with the wife. 2 year extn for Greenberg till Smith available :grinning:

18. Gareth

Gareth Heavy Metal Mod Staff Member Gilded

I hope this is true. This guy is an absolute embarrassment.

19. Vlasnik

Vlasnik Immortal

Beattie is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb, a scape goat with game attendances plummeting and TV viewing dropping drastically, so his lord and stink pot GreenTURD can keep the top job. GreenTURD still hasn't finished the job he set out to do, slowly ride the game of Rugby League into the ground while waiting for his chance to jump ship and join Cricket Australia.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  20. sgodllubsti

sgodllubsti Kennel Addict

peter beattie is the 2nd biggest dud employed by the nrl he will be no loss, however bringing in peter vlandys will shake up the whole organization, he will have everyone towing the 1 line, very professional, but very much self-focused its his way all the way, he is the best sports administrator around today, he set up the financial side of harness racing nsw before moving onto the gallops

21. maroondog72

maroondog72 Kennel Addict Gilded

Diamond rings all round!!

22. Boxer

Boxer THE BOSS In the Sin Bin Gilded

Beattie is horse shit at running the NRL

• Funny Funny x 1