Beastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a big boy and when on song we are good, he's on big bucks and had problems during Hasler's reign, plenty off people wanted his cap space but would like to see how he goes under new hierarchy before he gets the chop.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Speaking of oversized dinner bags.. Bellamy is gonna have fun with this

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Eastwood stays with us as it appears he will I can't help but think this will be a big year for him. I think with all the player turnover of the past 3 years he has been affected more than most and he just couldn't get his head in the game. With Pay as coach I think he will have a simple role to run hard, use his step and look for an offload. I'm optimistic about him - at least for the first few rounds!!

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Beast was one of my favourite players about 5 years ago... he was devastating back then but is unfortunately well past it now. Another back ended Des deal that has bitten us in the arse. Would love to see him regain form but I won't hold my breath...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing has changed

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kasiano posted a training pic of himself on Insta, looks much fitter than that pic... depends on the angle i guess

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as i can recall Eastwood has never been the great at the backend if he plays long minutes. His strength is ;literally that he's a powerful player who has great instinct. If he returns to his best and is played right i look forward to seeing him playing as a support runner who knows where to be to take advantage of a short pass when the defense has committed to tackling another forward. Seeing him make one of his get outta my way runs off a short offload used to be a highlight in games for me. I don't want long minutes from him, I want intensity and intelligent play. Less runs with more impact is fine by me.

Like many great forwards, they don't need to have the model build (Big upper body that tapers to narrow hips). Football players who play that barging style like him typically have hips almost as wide as their shoulders. Speedsters are more likely to have that athletic type of build. I thought that Tandy looked like a bit of a tub when he showed up, but he also had the power through the lower body that allowed him to keep driving through the legs. I'd rather he retain his lower body strength and carry a bit of weight than to see him lose a crap load of weight and lose the strength that allows him to play to his strength.

Good luck with the season ahead to him. We've got some talent emerging in the forwards so I hope he makes a lot of his critics eat their words.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All look good in preseason training... Its when it's season starts our players go missing

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you guys remember when Kasiano looked like a skeleton at his wedding? Round 1 he looked fat as shit. Photos can be deceptive, and some people put on weight fast.

I hope Eastwood is not in first grade tbh, he is a total liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.