BBQ Carnivore - Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Went a little crazy on the liquid bath. Had it sitting under the brisket the whole time with a mix of beef stock and water. Expected it to reduce down more. Still decided to dump the brisket into it and make stewed ends instead of burnt ends.

Also wasn't paying much attention to it 'cause I was too busy watching the Bulldogs actually playing football.

Mixed in a bit of BBQ sauce, cranked the heat up. Should be ready in about 20 minutes. Then I'll reduce down the sauce to glaze the ends.

20210829_160436.jpg

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Went a little crazy on the liquid bath. Had it sitting under the brisket the whole time with a mix of beef stock and water. Expected it to reduce down more. Still decided to dump the brisket into it and make stewed ends instead of burnt ends.

Also wasn't paying much attention to it 'cause I was too busy watching the Bulldogs actually playing football.

Mixed in a bit of BBQ sauce, cranked the heat up. Should be ready in about 20 minutes. Then I'll reduce down the sauce to glaze the ends.

View attachment 29389
I got hooked on burnt ends in Dallas. I missed out on them one day so I waited before the joint opened the next day to order 2 pounds.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

View attachment 29389
Burnt ends are on my list of things to cook.
Haven't had a crack yet,
But will do so soon for sure.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How did this hunk of yummys turn out?
Haven't cooked it yet, haven't had the time unfortunately, its in the freezer at the minute. Hope to cook it in the next couple of weeks.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't cooked it yet, haven't had the time unfortunately, its in the freezer at the minute. Hope to cook it in the next couple of weeks.
My kids asked me what I wanted for Fathers day, so now I have a 5kg Brisket coming from Vic meats that they want to all eat on Sunday. Looks like I will be up at about 4am if they want to eat by 5 or 6pm. :tearsofjoy:

PS When I say kids they are in their 20's and work so they can afford to shout dad, especially as they will smash the majority of it.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My kids asked me what I wanted for Fathers day, so now I have a 5kg Brisket coming from Vic meats that they want to all eat on Sunday. Looks like I will be up at about 4am if they want to eat by 5 or 6pm. :tearsofjoy:

PS When I say kids they are in their 20's and work so they can afford to shout dad, especially as they will smash the majority of it.
Brisket in a fresh bread roll with coleslaw and washed down with a nice scotch.. and of course a dogs win to end the season.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Haha well played. Pull the Father’s Day card. Same with me.

I’ve done some research you can cook the brisket a day before. On serving day just put it in the oven and to the slowest temp and aim for internal temp 150f and it’s good to service.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha well played. Pull the Father’s Day card. Same with me.

I’ve done some research you can cook the brisket a day before. On serving day just put it in the oven and to the slowest temp and aim for internal temp 150f and it’s good to service.
Soumds like a good idea, because I would rather chill and and have lunch with the fam before watching our guys one more time till next year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Noiceee, what the plan for cooking it
Out of all the threads on here I think I enjoy this one the most
Dry rub clingwraped overnight, 5am in the smoker with a feed to celebrate a dogs win over the tigers around 6pm tomorrow night.

Top shelf sambos for lunch this week!