BBQ Carnivore - Thread

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My plans for the weekend. Tomorrow night I'm going to prepare and overnight smoke a pork shoulder.

Saturday I'm going to smoke a brisket point to make some tasty BBQ burnt ends. While that's smoking, I'm going to use the pulled pork shoulder to make some Cuban sandwiches.

Might do a chook on Sunday.
Be sure to post some photos.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty basic tonight. Buffalo wings, half rack of pork ribs, corn and chipotle coleslaw. Washed down with Jack. Cheers all
View attachment 29231
I love buffalo wings. But I could never understand why Americans fry their chicken wings rather than bbqing them. I prefer to marinade them in the buffalo sauce, then BBQ them while basting them. So much tastier.

That said, the other night I made Nashville chicken. Battered and deep dried chicken dipped in hot sauce (similar to buffalo sauce but with a lot more Cayenne pepper)

It was great.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love buffalo wings. But I could never understand why Americans fry their chicken wings rather than bbqing them. I prefer to marinade them in the buffalo sauce, then BBQ them while basting them. So much tastier.

That said, the other night I made Nashville chicken. Battered and deep dried chicken dipped in hot sauce (similar to buffalo sauce but with a lot more Cayenne pepper)

It was great.
Oooooffft please give me recipe.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

It was great.
Love them too… problem is it’s tough cause my wife and kids don’t eat spicy /chilli foods… pretty annoying. Suppose incoukd
Marinate 2 batches..

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love them too… problem is it’s tough cause my wife and kids don’t eat spicy /chilli foods… pretty annoying. Suppose incoukd
Marinate 2 batches..
You don't have to make them spicy. Buffalo sauce is just franks red hot and butter plus other stuff if you like.

Just jack up the butter to sauce ratio

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My plans for the weekend. Tomorrow night I'm going to prepare and overnight smoke a pork shoulder.

Saturday I'm going to smoke a brisket point to make some tasty BBQ burnt ends. While that's smoking, I'm going to use the pulled pork shoulder to make some Cuban sandwiches.

Might do a chook on Sunday.
we are mates yeah…what’s your address again.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't have to make them spicy. Buffalo sauce is just franks red hot and butter plus other stuff if you like.

Yeah I know bro but I personally like the little kick in them.. used to get a buffalo sauce from a kiwi brand called Culleys was unreal..

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I know bro but I personally like the little kick in them.. used to get a buffalo sauce from a kiwi brand called Culleys was unreal..
Yeah just make 2 batches then. Then when you make them your wife and kids will decide they don't like it hahahaha

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty basic tonight. Buffalo wings, half rack of pork ribs, corn and chipotle coleslaw. Washed down with Jack. Cheers all
View attachment 29231
Hey bro I have to drop off that set of thongs I borrowed the other day. Fuckin hopeless with google maps as you know, so can you please text the address again so I can cut and paste.

cheers mate, oh and don’t forget to butter salt n pepper our corn eh?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oooooffft please give me recipe.
Pretty simple..

Get some nice chicken cuts (bone in), and brine in buttermilk, Frank's hot sauce, salt, black pepper, and some pickle juice for 24 hours.

Then pat the chicken dry, mix some salt and pepper into some flour, then flour the chicken, then dip it in egg mix (egg, buttermilk), then back in the flour. Then deep fry until cooked.

Meanwhile you want to mix Cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt (only a touch), pepper, brown sugar, and melted butter in a bowl.

After you fry the chicken, add some of the fry oil to the bowl of spices and stuff and mix to make a sauce. Then either dip the chicken in, or pour over the chicken.

The trick is to make sure that there's a decent amount of hot oil in the bowl mix. And it has to be hot. That way the chicken stays crisp and crunchy. If the ingredients are cool or there isn't enough oil then the chicken skin/batter will go soggy.

It sounds ultra fatty and disgusting, and it is. But it's also amazing. There's a reason why Nashville is famous for it. And also a reason why heart disease is so high in America. But who wants to live forever anyway?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marinate 2 batches..
My wife said the same thing. So I told her I gave her a mild version. She ate it complaining that it was hot the whole time. Later she asked if I could make it again. That's when I admitted that it was the normal Buffalo version I gave her.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agreed. If you sub in mild paprika, garlic and onion powder then you can drastically reduce the amount of Frank's hot sauce that you use.