BBQ Carnivore - Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro tbh, youre thinking it through abit too much.

Whack some coals in the chimney, throw a couple firelighters underneath and go make the hummus while you're waiting for it to heat up
I don't fuck around bro, I have 9 year old footy player to feed. I break out my work bench blower and blast the fahem.

Works a treat.

Plus the best thing to clear the ash off the coals too.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My Jordanian mates are far more anal about their coals. Only use a boxed pile of kindling started with a little paper and a hot torch underneath a wire rack with a pyramid of coal on top. When coals get super hot the move any remaining chard kindle to the side and tip in the coals.

They cant stand any fire starter taste in their coals or on their Kofta, and don't like heat beads..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bought this bad boy for another brisket cook.

Wagyu point end brisket MS 9+

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bought this bad boy for another brisket cook.

Wagyu point end brisket MS 9+
Best thing about this is you can grind up the fat offcuts with some sirloin and make the tastiest burgers.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best thing about this is you can grind up the fat offcuts with some sirloin and make the tastiest burgers.
And/or make some wagyu beef tallow, drench the brisket in it before wrapping ;)

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBQ RULES.
Let us now refresh our memories on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor activity.
When a man volunteers to do a BBQ the following chain of events is put into motion:
Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary
cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three-meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of
testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and
asks if she will kindly bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed
' her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

Do you know, that the average western male has enough meat
on him to feed about 25 cannibals in one sitting.
Now not many people know that...

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I've just had gastric sleeve surgery last week...
Bwaaaaaaaaa!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Habib, making a coal fire is a fine art. You can't just whack some firelighters under the fahem, you need to do it properly. On the weekend I had a lot of fahem in the chimney and needed a perfect amount of firelighters to ensure it was going to burn effectively.
You can make it a fine art or just chuck some chunks of charcoal in and smoking chips and I bet you my left nut it will taste good.
You seen those hipster craft beer drinking pole smoking bbq dudes on youtube who have thousands of dollars work of bbq equipment and the wankery they go on with? Sure there is a bit of an art to certain things ,now look at those old hill billies who cook on anything . Food always looks great the hipster ones? What do they know they enjoy beer that taste like fruit they would probably baste meat with their own jizz and tell you how important is.
Practally anything taste good over coals with minimal effort.

What's going to taste better some high end restaurant serving peas covered in liquid nitrogen and bee piss that cost an arm and a leg or some old toothless street peddlers in Vietnam selling some form of meat on a stick for 20 cents?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can make it a fine art or just chuck some chunks of charcoal in and smoking chips and I bet you my left nut it will taste good.
You seen those hipster craft beer drinking pole smoking bbq dudes on youtube who have thousands of dollars work of bbq equipment and the wankery they go on with? Sure there is a bit of an art to certain things ,now look at those old hill billies who cook on anything . Food always looks great the hipster ones? What do they know they enjoy beer that taste like fruit they would probably baste meat with their own jizz and tell you how important is.

What's going to taste better some high end restaurant serving peas covered in liquid nitrogen and bee piss that cost an arm and a leg or some old toothless street peddlers in Vietnam selling some form of meat on a stick for 20 cents?
5kuc2u.jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

When it comes to BBQ hipsters on YouTube, there's a simple rule. If they weigh less than a small whale, they're not going to make anything worth eating.

What you need is someone like this. One glance and you can tell that the bloke doesn't know how to make a simple salad. But he knows how to BBQ.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My plans for the weekend. Tomorrow night I'm going to prepare and overnight smoke a pork shoulder.

Saturday I'm going to smoke a brisket point to make some tasty BBQ burnt ends. While that's smoking, I'm going to use the pulled pork shoulder to make some Cuban sandwiches.

Might do a chook on Sunday.