BBQ Carnivore - Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love a good steak but I aint paying that much for them haha.
There are some good spots around though to get em, pays to look around for sure.
In the last hour I've just been walking around Osaka probally walked passed at least 500 food joints all getting ready for lunch my wallet is going to get raped today

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to build myself a Wood Fired Pizza Oven. Been toying with the idea for a while, and not keen on paying the high $$ they have on them.

Will be able to do all kinds of nice wood style cooking in it.
You can get them from Bunnings. If you want a concrete one though you need some kind of outdoor covered BBQ area. Also because a concrete one will be fixed you might even need council approval... I think!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can get them from Bunnings. If you want a concrete one though you need some kind of outdoor covered BBQ area. Also because a concrete one will be fixed you might even need council approval... I think!
Saw one at Bunnings the other day, around $600. Could be moved though. Not the biggest but not too bad. Was Clay from memory?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Saw one at Bunnings the other day, around $600. Could be moved though. Not the biggest but not too bad. Was Clay from memory?
Oh ok that’s different. The one I saw was steel but looked good. The advantage of them is they are portable.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh ok that’s different. The one I saw was steel but looked good. The advantage of them is they are portable.
Bad thing about them is that steel they use doesn't really last. Id rather concrete/Clay type when I do mine.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@tonee, love the coal Webber
Unreal way to cook, every now and then I go out and hunt a deer
Usually fallow around here, cut the lot up and pack it out
Mate the backstraps are sensational
Get on Netflix and watch a show call Meat eater, if your not in to hunting you will still find it interesting! every hunt he cooks what he kills
All different cuts, and different ways to cook
Bloody brilliant

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand/wattage of sous vide are you fellas using??? I've had a look at a few but i have no idea atm. Cheers

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get on Netflix and watch a show call Meat eater, if your not in to hunting you will still find it interesting! every hunt he cooks what he kills
Bloody brilliant
Wish we could do that up here in Qld on State Land. Still have my fingers crossed one day it will happen. Too hard to get onto Farmers properties these days. Running out of places to shoot.

Ive watched all Meat Eater, finished the latest season in 2 days lol. Great show.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate buying in bulk is the way to go, you save much more money that way.

Cut them up and freezer it. Defrost steaks actually still taste fresh.

There is a meat joint in Waterloo area the meat emporium, I've been meaning to go but just haven't found the time.
Agreed. I live right near the Costco at Marsden Park and always get my meat there.

I generally buy a kg or 2 of eye fillet, cut it up and then freeze.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody brilliant

haha i've actually watched that show, only a few episodes.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 600*400 1/4 inch checker plate over 3 burners hooked up to mains gas and we have a symbiotic relationship. I have cooked Texas T-Bones, New York Cuts, whole snapper, flat chickens, Salmon sides and pancakes. BBQ pancakes are the bomb.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloody brilliant
These ***** are easy to hunt just accelerate
20191106_074538-1512x2016.jpg

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have 600*400 1/4 inch checker plate over 3 burners hooked up to mains gas and we have a symbiotic relationship. I have cooked Texas T-Bones, New York Cuts, whole snapper, flat chickens, Salmon sides and pancakes. BBQ pancakes are the bomb.
pic?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A man after my own heart.
I am a kamado joe fan and am currently paying off my brand new big joe III.
I love all things BBQ, smoking, baking, grilling, low n slow.
I’ve also cured and smoked my own bacon and pastrami (if you’ve never done this, you have no idea how different it is to the stuff you buy in the shops)
If you’re after ideas try;
Pitmaster X
All things BBQ
Sam the cooking guy
Ballistic bbq
BBQ pit boys

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have something similar aswell. But that chimney is good value and does the trick.
Definitely.
Even better if you have a gas pot burner outside, you can get a chimney started in a couple of mins as well.