BBQ Carnivore - Thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Got 3 racks of pork ribs nice and trimmed ready for the Kettle tomorrow for lunch.
View attachment 53482
@tonee very disappointed in you Pres. You have to man up to your voters and show them the finished product.

Normally I wouldn't do this Mr. Pres but think I need to show you what real pork ribs look like. Trimmed and peliclling (is that a word?)

20220612_205001[1620].jpg

Came as one rack too. Love u meat emporium.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@tonee very disappointed in you Pres. You have to man up to your voters and show them the finished product.

Normally I wouldn't do this Mr. Pres but think I need to show you what real pork ribs look like. Trimmed and peliclling (is that a word?)

View attachment 53794

meat emporium is great, Vic’s meat is good as well

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They didn’t turn out as good as I hoped.
Long story short the temp spiked to about 350f for an hour because I had to take my kids to soccer

Got back and adjusted the vents.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Long story short the temp spiked to about 350f for an hour because I had to take my kids to soccer

Happens everytime. My smoker will sit at temp for 10 hours straight. The moment I have to go out, the temp will double. It's like there's BBQ Goblins who wait until you go out so they can mess up your cook.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

View attachment 53794

ready to go...
20220613_113441[1625].jpg

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Never mind mate.
Better luck next time

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with you there
I got 2 weber kettles
I'm right into it.
Reverse sear is where it's at for a good day steak

I also love cooking beef shorties
Baby back pork ribs
Brisket

Chicken wings

Its an obsession

Trying out different rubs and sauces and cooking techniques
I agree to this, last week i smoked the brisket i had brining in the fridge, 2 week Brine, rinse then smoke.

It was epic Pastrami, i ate it all week

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree to this, last week i smoked the brisket i had brining in the fridge, 2 week Brine, rinse then smoke.

It was epic Pastrami, i ate it all week
Enjoy the hobby mate

Hope you enjoyed the brisket

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
pork neck (tb pulled) to go onto the bbq shortly but need some advice for the burgers. Coleslaw and pickles are a given, but had a pulled pork burger once from a no name place at Parramatta and they had some sort of fruit compote on it. sort of like a raspberry or blueberry jam. fckng delicious.

any ideas?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
pork neck (tb pulled) to go onto the bbq shortly but need some advice for the burgers. Coleslaw and pickles are a given, but had a pulled pork burger once from a no name place at Parramatta and they had some sort of fruit compote on it. sort of like a raspberry or blueberry jam. fckng delicious.

any ideas?
I had one with peanut butter and onion jam and it was pretty decent.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I had one with peanut butter and onion jam and it was pretty decent.
down at a pub in albury and they did it with kimchi on sliders. seriously awesome but could have been something else in it as well so not going there (and I was pretty shitfaced at the time). onion jam I'd be good for but peanut butter??? sounds like the pulled pork version of chicken salt

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
down at a pub in albury and they did it with kimchi on sliders. seriously awesome but could have been something else in it as well so not going there (and I was pretty shitfaced at the time). onion jam I'd be good for but peanut butter??? sounds like the pulled pork version of chicken salt
It seems stupid until you try it. If you want to take it to the next level, add jalapenos. The mix of sweet, salty, spicy is excellent.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
It seems stupid until you try it. If you want to take it to the next level, add jalapenos. The mix of sweet, salty, spicy is excellent.
they said that about chicken salt. still stupid. penos I'm good for - might see if I can get some onion jam...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
they said that about chicken salt. still stupid. penos I'm good for - might see if I can get some onion jam...
Or just make it yourself. Pretty easy to make.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is but too much other shit on today. Kids birthday next week and the missus reckons a blow up sex doll is not appropriate for a 17 year old. Fck - have to start again :upset:
The young dude will have a ball with that. Great Idea