BBQ Carnivore - Thread

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cracker cook,

How are the Ink bird probs? any good?

i almost purchased it but ended up getting the MEATER block instead wireless probe
I'm not that impressed with my igrill from weber
They work fine, except the Bluetooth always drops out, and is a bitch to connect up every time.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cracker cook,

How are the Ink bird probs? any good?

i almost purchased it but ended up getting the MEATER block instead wireless probe
They are really good, i got the 6 Probe, should have gone for the 4, it has a magnet on it so you can stick it on the side of your smoker

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They look great,
Where did you get such meaty ribs?
I got those from Costco, The ribs i did last night were from Aldi, but the costco Ribs were heaps meatier, that's where ill be going from now on

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got those from Costco, The ribs i did last night were from Aldi, but the costco Ribs were heaps meatier, that's where ill be going from now on
I find the best ribs to be from Chinese butchers tbh

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Aldi ones are generally better than wollies

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Costco meat is really decent quality. I get the brisket and the Tomahawk steaks from there occasionally and they're awesome.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Costco meat is really decent quality. I get the brisket and the Tomahawk steaks from there occasionally and they're awesome.
Im really lucky where i live, i have a Vietnamese Butcher where we get normal cuts of meats from to make normal dinners, but i also have a fancy Butcher as well, it's Called the Butchers Pantry, they have one in Campbelltown area as well as my area.

I got a MB Score 2+ Brisket from him last night for $20 a kilo, that's great considering the Viet Butcher is $18 a kilo for a cut of meat that didn't look anywhere near as good.

This was put in a container in a brine solution last night and in 12 days will become Pastrami

MB2+.jpg

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im really lucky where i live, i have a Vietnamese Butcher where we get normal cuts of meats from to make normal dinners, but i also have a fancy Butcher as well, it's Called the Butchers Pantry, they have one in Campbelltown area as well as my area.

I got a MB Score 2+ Brisket from him last night for $20 a kilo, that's great considering the Viet Butcher is $18 a kilo for a cut of meat that didn't look anywhere near as good.

This was put in a container in a brine solution last night and in 12 days will become Pastrami

View attachment 27566
oooh yeeeah!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What brand is that? Looking at getting the Weber SM or the Pro Q.

Have you used it to grill?
It’s a Matador and it’s great for smoking roasting and grilling. Three seperate pieces and cheap as chips at around $250. Doing some pork shoulder today.

Last edited: