BBQ Carnivore - Thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Nice. I used silverside when I did pastrami. I'm going out tomorrow to some of my fav butcher's around the place and I'm going to pick up a brisket or 2. Not sure how I'll cook'em yet.
Silverside? How was that? Off to get some sauerkraut and rye tomorrow for Pastrami on Rye lunch.

Bought that brisket from meat emporium too. Pretty annoyed as its probably spot on for a smoke.

Tomorrow, got some San Marzano tomato's so doing a legit Bolognese. Weird world when the most expensive part of your food is tomatos...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Silverside? How was that? Off to get some sauerkraut and rye tomorrow for Pastrami on Rye lunch.

Bought that brisket from meat emporium too. Pretty annoyed as its probably spot on for a smoke.

Tomorrow, got some San Marzano tomato's so doing a legit Bolognese. Weird world when the most expensive part of your food is tomatos...
Fuck I love San Marzano tomatoes. Those things put everything we have to shame.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Silverside was awesome. There's a photo about 4 or 5 pages back. The only reason I tried making my own Pastrami was that I'm a Rueben sanga junkie, and I've not yet found a good one in Australia, so I made my own.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can u believe my pot dealer said - buy another ounce at full and I'll throw in a kilo of toms. Told him to fck off, what toms are we talking. Said the Marzys.....

Bought 3 ounces.
Good deal. San Marz cost more than most street provided stuff.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Silverside was awesome. There's a photo about 4 or 5 pages back. The only reason I tried making my own Pastrami was that I'm a Rueben sanga junkie, and I've not yet found a good one in Australia, so I made my own.
Bro - that's a Rachel. If you're not going traditional - need to be honest about it :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need to start a new thread on this - Reuben = corned beef. I'm as committed to this as Barrett saying 'we have to get better' during every presser.

U know I'm serious now.
Is Russian dressing just 1000 island dressing?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Russian dressing just 1000 island dressing?
This is my version of Russian dressing that I use for Rueben's from my own notes. This made me laugh reading this, but fmd it works;

Russian Dressing

½ cup mayo

Bit of hot chilli sauce

Bit of grated red onion

Chopped Italian parsley

Seasoning

Little bit of sour cream & dijon

Little bit of worcestershire

Optional: apple cider and little lemon juice

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is my version of Russian dressing that I use for Rueben's from my own notes. This made me laugh reding this, but fmd it works;

Russian Dressing

½ cup mayo

Bit of hot chilli sauce

Bit of grated red onion

Chopped Italian parsley

Seasoning

Little bit of sour cream & dijon

Little bit of worcestershire

Optional: apple cider and little lemon juice
2 questions....

1. Can I use Kewpie for mayo?

2. What seasoning exactly, salt and pepper?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 questions....

1. Can I use Kewpie for mayo?

2. What seasoning exactly, salt and pepper?
1. fuck yes.
2. yes, it's just salt and pepper. or if you are a chilli freak like I am, then get some chilli in there in whatever form that floats your boat.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can only imagine, what you guys will BBQ when Baz is sacked.