Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Anyone else play this game?

I'm Howzat on the site (my team is the Hungry Hungry Hippos)

A quick run down on what this game is about, it's a fantasy cricket game were you get given a squad of players, from there on in you train, buy/sell players and try and win your league. It's very addictive as it has ball by ball coverage of your games.

If you do sign up, join in Sri Lanka (the games start at approx 2:30pm in the afternoons, if you sign up in Australia, the games start about 9am in the mornings). Sri Lanka is much easier to start out with, and you will enjoy it a lot more as there is a lot less pressure, plus if we can get heaps of dogs supporters in this league, then the chances are that we will all be playing each other at one point or another.

www.battrick.org

and if you are looking for a hand with your team, checkout this site

http://s13.invisionfree.com/JumpersForWickets/index.php

An example of the commentry of a game. This is presented as it happens on the site.

End of Over 32: 190-3, runrate=5.94
Afridi 6-0-52-0
Gooneratne* 21 (30 balls)
Gurusinha 40 (32 balls)
Last Wicket: Samarawickreme c. Raisani b. Spicer 78 (FOW: 133/3)
31.6 . Afridi to Gurusinha
No run. I see they have let the trumpeter in today. That should please the visiting supporters.
31.5 . Afridi to Gurusinha
Outside the off and a bit of lift. He went for the cut but the ball beats the bat.
31.4 4 Afridi to Gurusinha
Gurusinha takes one step to turn a loose ball into a full toss, cracking it into the gap between mid wicket and a diving mid on. Timed and controlled beautifully.
31.3 . Afridi to Gurusinha
Gurusinha lets it go through to Abid.
31.2 . Afridi to Gurusinha
On the front foot, pushed to the off.
31.1 6 Afridi to Gurusinha
Superb shot! Into the stands!

Last edited by a moderator:

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
no, but i seen it on another forum

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i do :D
my team is *black caps*
my team is pretty good tbh..either that or im playing sh!t teams :P

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
If anybody needs a hand, just PM me, I mentor heaps of teams (via JFW), and have wrote plenty of articles on the game.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a team in australia: budgewoi bulldogs

very much depend of 2 players

noremac

Waterboy
Reaction score
I play, I am in my second season so just started really. It is pretty fun, you would definitely want to be a cricket tragic though, wouldn't you. My team is called Hilfies Heroes.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't even watch Cricket and i have had a team in battrick for two seasons. I'm undefeated in my OD league so far this season with only two losses in my first class league (probably one more after today though since i made my declaration too low to win after my opponent had a big second innings after submitting orders).

A quick run down on what this game is about, it's a fantasy cricket game were you get given a squad of players, from there on in you train, buy/sell players and try and win your league. It's very addictive as it has ball by ball coverage of your games.
It's also about building your finances to some degree which allows you to upgrade your side and to bring in quality players and expand your membership. The other aspect of the game is in knowing how to play your side and who to concentrate your training on. It took me about two seasons to build my finances to a point where i was able to taste success on the field through player upgrades, but my side is firing on all cylinders now and i have high hopes of promoting at the end of the season :grinning:

My side is the Armidale Bulldogs

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol i havent really paid attn to my team in awhile.. im too lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.