KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard the loser today is getting Bennett

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! All the Bulldogs DNA stuff is rubbish just get the person for the job.
The DNA stuff is strongly overstated on here - and as for the ‘good human’ nonsense that was nothing more than the garbage report associated with McCullough yet now it’s supposedly club mantra...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt there's any substance to this. I hope not anyway. I could see him back at Saints. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.
We can surely do better than that if things don’t work out with our current chief.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The DNA stuff is strongly overstated on here - and as for the ‘good human’ nonsense that was nothing more than the garbage report associated with McCullough yet now it’s supposedly club mantra...
The club does make a point to ram home the Bulldogs DNA stuff every time there is an appointment though.

Look at the last 2 major appointments at the comments made

"They are strong advocates for embedding our Bulldogs DNA and supporting the next generation of Bulldogs."

"I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA."

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...the-bulldogs-new-general-manager-of-football/

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/10/10/peter-mortimer-and-joe-thomas-join-bulldogs-board/

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett no way for F#@KS sake no. Shaun Wane on the other hand could be an ok option but i think he would need time to adapt to the NRL style of play.
We don’t have time to wait for a coach to adapt to anything,
My patience is already running extremely thin since this salary cap debacle started 3 years ago.
I would just prefer someone with NRL experience,no more rookies or experimental people thanks.
Anyway let’s see how things pan out in the coming weeks with results.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun Wane could coach England and Dogs?

First heard about him to the Dogs on TK.

Can he bring the best pommies and the English attacking style with him.

Very interesting option.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The club does make a point to ram home the Bulldogs DNA stuff every time there is an appointment though.

Look at the last 2 major appointments at the comments made

"They are strong advocates for embedding our Bulldogs DNA and supporting the next generation of Bulldogs."

"I know my Dad, as a long-time CEO, would be smiling to see that one of his youngest recruits to this club will now return to help guide it back to the top in line with our famous Bulldogs DNA."

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...the-bulldogs-new-general-manager-of-football/

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/10/10/peter-mortimer-and-joe-thomas-join-bulldogs-board/
Yeah, trying to bring back a certain culture, sure, but it’s not going to be the only guiding principal for key positions such as head coach. Our next head coach may or may not have played at the club. As you said what’s crucial is the right person for the job. Overall governance is more important - for instance with more oversight the backended contracts etc may (and should) never have happened as they did under our previous coach. That’s not a DNA issue, just mis-management.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As mentioned many times prior
Holbrook (was always number 1 if an opening presents itself to take him we'd be mad not to)
Wane (should now be priority target)
Lam (secondary target, would be a great assistant coach to Wane).
Bennett (a big get fucked to that dinosaur)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay was appointed for all the wrong reasons but at the time the appointment had HUGE support here on the Kennel, remember that?

I can see the attraction of Bennett in that he has a lot of experience, has one premierships, by all accounts is a good man manager.

If Pay is not going to be at the club for the next two seasons then the club needs to move now! Whoever is coach in 2021 should have the guiding hand on recruitment and retention.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean Pay was appointed for all the wrong reasons but at the time the appointment had HUGE support here on the Kennel, remember that?

I can see the attraction of Bennett in that he has a lot of experience, has one premierships, by all accounts is a good man manager.

If Pay is not going to be at the club for the next two seasons then the club needs to move now! Whoever is coach in 2021 should have the guiding hand on recruitment and retention.
Pay still somehow has huge support on The Kennel.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't pay appointed by the old admin in an attempt to win the upcoming election and keep dib in as chairman by appointing someone with "Bulldog DNA" ?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I think Chris Anderson would be better suited that Bennett

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throw the bank at him just get him here. Hel recruit 3 to 4 top players right away and change the culture instantly
I disagree. I don't think he has anywhere near the sway that he used to.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve always said NO to Bennett, but we are at the bottom of the barrel an can’t get any lower, there would be a couple of upsides, he could Deff lure a player or two, but he is not as influential as he used to be. but then again I would prefer someone else..!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just get Fitzgibbon. People worry about taking a chance on assistants but look at the difference O'Brien has made at Newcastle.