Bathrooms, Showers and Condensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's only become an issue now that winter is upon us. Summer was fine.

I'll have to contact them and just let them know... at least if they are aware, if problems come from it, it's in their court not ours.

Honestly though, you should be asking for ventilation to be installed, as a constantly damp surface is a breeding ground for mold.
I should clarify.. it does try up after about 15 minutes or so after a shower.

I was more concerned about the potential electrical hazard and/or light fittings (given they are bog standard open light fittings with a globe).

Not to mention paint damage.

By law no fan is required if there is a window.
Yep, that's correct.

But in @Mr Invisible's case it's different because his landlord lives next door. All he has to do is ring the doorbell. Stuff going through a Real Estate agent.
Eh? LOL no they don't. Agent is in the CBD, and landlord lives on Northern Shore.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Eh? LOL no they don't. Agent is in the CBD, and landlord lives on Northern Shore.
Shit. I always thought they lived in the duplex next door to you.

Anyway... send the real estate agent an email to you have a record of doing your bit for it.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Dunno about that mate. Just renovated my bathroom and I have the window open when showering and all day and after 2 months a little mould has started to form on the silicone which is meant to be mould resistant
Hmmm you might not have much air circulation going in your bathroom.
Is your window small?
Does any sunlight hit your bathroom?
Is your window blocked by fence, building ect.
You might need to put a exhaust fan if it’s moulding that quick.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Hmmm you might not have much air circulation going in your bathroom.
Is your window small?
Does any sunlight hit your bathroom?
Is your window blocked by fence, building ect.
You might need to put a exhaust fan if it’s moulding that quick.
Yeah we’ve got a window and exhaust fan. The fan is weak as piss as I wanted a modern looking one without the grill. It’s one of those square Hella fans. Does Hella nothing in terms of extraction. No sun on that side of the house this time of year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah we’ve got a window and exhaust fan. The fan is weak as piss as I wanted a modern looking one without the grill. It’s one of those square Hella fans. Does Hella nothing in terms of extraction. No sun on that side of the house this time of year.
Lol ,
Change the hella out of your fan.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why no ventilation was not put in a new home is beyond me, paint a new house every 2 weeks and never not seen fans either above shower or with lights/heat lamps
Condensation will fuck shit eventually, I ring the real estate to be honest
Mould will grow, if paint lifts and moisture gets in plaster joints (I assume they didn't use normal gyprock in wet areas) it will get fucked n all downhill from there bud
Ring real estate n cover your ass at least
Most builds these days will use normal gyprock in ceilings in wet areas. only the wet area shit just on walls for plumbing, flooding ect . Fuck the amount of fucking bathroom ceilings i scrapped back in my time would be up there the amount of ***** that paint wet areas in flat is beyond me also .
I end up hitting wet areas in weathershield if its good enough for external elements i figure its will hold up in a wet area

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Most builds these days will use normal gyprock in ceilings in wet areas. only the wet area shit just on walls for plumbing, flooding ect . Fuck the amount of fucking bathroom ceilings i scrapped back in my time would be up there the amount of ***** that paint wet areas in flat is beyond me also .
I end up hitting wet areas in weathershield if its good enough for external elements i figure its will hold up in a wet area
@south of heaven The prainters in dis prace did ver good happy time job. Paint walls rery good riv watered down praint.

Seriously I could have eaten a week of dodgy kebabs, given myself a Taubmans Endure Off White Enema, and then let my bowels go on the wall.... and still would have managed a better job of painting.

Having seen the project builders painters at other places around the area pre handover, it seems there was more effort going into "sitting on buckets sucking down ciggies in the soon to be owners garage", than actually painting.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The flat in wet areas shits me off, too lazy to change the paint in the gun

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fuck me you blokes are speaking a different language to me right about now...

Status
Not open for further replies.