News Barrett

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Griffin brought up all the broncos
And he played a huge role in the Penrith junior revival. Got hooked himself because of the "Messiah" returning to Red Hill and again by Gould because he dared to disagree with Lord Phil... Whoever takes Griffin on next will get a very good coach who understands the value of the footy nursery.

173 FG games as coach 55% win ratio, facts.

P.S in case I forgot to mention.... Get FUCKED, Trent Barrett and anyone at Canterbury even considering the peanut.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Towards the end of his tenure at manly a reliable source tiped him off that Hasler had secretly agreed to come back. The source was one of the board of directors at Pen health. Out of respect to Barrett, that’s why Barrett caused a fus about the chairs and locking rooms, to leave on his own terms not the penns.
Really disappointed if we were going to get him we didn't do so sooner. With Koriosau negotiations if we told him Barrett was here or at latest would be here in 2021, then I believe API would be our 9

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he was shithouse at manly. But he would know the Panthers junior system inside out. Surly he will attract some of there players. Call me crazy but I'm actually ok with signing Barrett as head coach.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin has no game plans, run hard tackle strong coach
Need new age coach, fitter, fitzgibbon, ennis , Barrett etc
Unless of course we snare a bellamy or a bennett
And he played a huge role in the Penrith junior revival. Got hooked himself because of the "Messiah" returning to Red Hill and again by Gould because he dared to disagree with Lord Phil... Whoever takes Griffin on next will get a very good coach who understands the value of the footy nursery.

P.S in case I forgot to mention.... Get FUCKED, Trent Barrett and anyone at Canterbury even considering the peanut.
Please don't mention the DEVIL'S (Hasler's) name :grinning:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Problem with new modern coached don't have experience in rebuilding, this club needs more demolition and rebuilding , non-use calling in the painter for that .

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rubbish. Stats and facts do matter and Barrett's are rubbish. "New age coach" ?? sounds like a term a millennial spat out. The best coach of all is Craig Bellamy with daylight second, and he is about to turn 61. Hook is a disciplinarian and fuck knows some of our mob need that but he also knows and understands the game, no game plan? Seriously do you even know anybody that has worked with him or been coached by him??

Ennis with Hook or Shawn Wane to learn his trade and provide his input, sure.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did CHN come through grade when Barrett was at Penrith ? If he has a gold relationship with him and the board is ousted... Maybe just maybe we could get him back.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's all get one thing right, as long as our board is divided and keeps sticking their noses in, no coach no matter their credentials will succeed. We need to disinfect the whole joint.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t like him as a person and never have for a few reasons and thought he was pretty terrible at the beagles with a strong roster BUT if he coaches our team I’ll support him and show respect.
We’ll need a custom made coaches box with all the coaches we are being linked to

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny thing tho the new age coaches would be at more disadvantage then old age coach with 6 again rules , as robotic way of playing , block plays are less effective . If anything with wrestle and stoppages being less prevalent split halves will be on the way out

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
so we don't want bennett anymore and going for someone that finished his last head coaching role on bad terms. having said that, i've had enough of Pay. what ever happened to bringing back the madness? there's no aggression in this forward pack.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will burn down the fucking club if they hire this fuckwit.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

If there is any truth to this story I can PROMISE an EGM and a change of board.
Do you need any help carrying the wood to start that fire mate

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think so.
Wasn't there a big gap between Barrett & Des being appointed? I'm sure there was.

Also it tool Manly a long time to decide they would give Des another chance as he was stained with shit from his departure from Canterbury.
Could be the case, but at the end of the day if Manly were happy with the job Barrett was doing then Manly wouldn't have felt the need to replace Barrett with someone else.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Could be the case, but at the end of the day if Manly were happy with the job Barrett was doing then Manly wouldn't have felt the need to replace Barrett with someone else.
That’s right. They couldn’t afford office furniture but still paid Barrett to be on gardening leave they were that keen to get rid of him

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Griffin always been my pick I agree there he got Penrith to finals twice and under him they were the team that came from behind more then 20 poinrd to win a few games
In 2018

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
40% win rate with a wayyyy better roster. Finished 15th in 2018 with arguably a stronger roster than when Des took over. Des got Manly into the second week of the semis, were quite hard done by, had Tommy T out most of the season and still would not of looked outta place in the GF. Either Des is the GOAT or Barrett is absolute shithouse- take ya pick! (I suspect the latter)