Barrett: We need to make sure we nail our recruitment

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree T Baz is doing all the right things for us. We needed a roster, training and playing style overhaul and he's doing that. I recall how bitter Baz was at Manly with the lack of football dept funds while Des had cameras on everything, advanced stats on players, advanced facilities and a deep football dept. Now Baz has this and more while Des is contending with a tight budget. I wonder who will have a better next 2 years...Baz or Des.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Holly fuck, I just wandered into this thread and I feel like a straight guy that accidentally walked into a gay football teams soggy sayo party....

The jizz fest in here is scary....:tearsofjoy:
Still haven't 100% come around as yet Bazil? :grinning:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL did he ? shit I thought it was one ... well it was still with a stacked side NO different to Trent Robinson at the Roosters.
If you look back on it mate he walked into a dud side. Maybe they were up and comers, but before Hasler coached Manly hadn't made the finals for YEARS.

No way was it a stacked side.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think peoples hatred for Hasler blind them from the facts. He didn't inherit a good squad at Manly, they didn't even make the finals in his first year. They hadn't made the finals since the 90s lol.

He didn't have a good squad when he came to us. Let's be real, everyone in here wasn't saying we had a chance of doing anything, it was only when we signed Hasler we all got excited.

Hes a great coach, who left us in a shit mess. Thats all.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think peoples hatred for Hasler blind them from the facts. He didn't inherit a good squad at Manly, they didn't even make the finals in his first year. They hadn't made the finals since the 90s lol.

He didn't have a good squad when he came to us. Let's be real, everyone in here wasn't saying we had a chance of doing anything, it was only when we signed Hasler we all got excited.

Hes a great coach, who left us in a shit mess. Thats all.
Yea he sure left us in a shitty mess.....

Totally screwed our salary cap,
Left us with heavely back ended over paid plodders,
Got rid of Finucane, Ennis, Cook
said no thanks to JAC, Munster and fish fingers Ferguson
Created no junior pathways all while his mate Cleal got fatter on meat pies....
You're right Des was a Great F@ckin coach. :grinning:

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You're right Great F@ckin coach. :grinning:
I'm more along the lines of he a great coach. Mqybe not so with the other stuff.

Its like when people on here say Kemmerer is shit and this and that. He isn't, he's still a good prop.

Just like Hasler didn't fluke making 5 grandfinals and winning two. He didn't land into good teams like Trent Robinson or Madge.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You're right Des was a Great F@ckin coach. :grinning:
Because l alot of people aren't just saying he was bad at the off field stuff, their hatred has led them to say he can't coach and somehow was lucky to land in good teams lol. Which is far from the truth.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because l alot of people aren't just saying he was bad at the off field stuff, their hatred has led them to say he can't coach and somehow was lucky to land in good teams lol. Which is far from the truth.
Agreed, I wont question Haslers coaching ability he is a damn good coach but his motives / decisions at times are questionable.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hi Wendog33, come around or come out?? :tearsofjoy: I am pumped about 21 but I would probably balk at Barrett being compared to the next Craig Bellamy....just yet.
He def can't get that hero status just yet lol