News Barrett to sign Canterbury deal... but struggling Dogs won’t get their man until 21

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't that one of the criticisms of Des? That he had too much control?
100% BUT surely the Andersons are doing exactly what Des was. Chris isn't even with the club in any official role but by all reports still meddling and making the big decisions.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm talking about in general. The Andersons have first second and final say in all recruitment.
Then Barrett, or anyone else, shouldn't take the gig. Cant have these knuckleheads having the final say in recruitment

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any coach who signs with the Bulldogs should have in their contract that the Anderson’s cannot and will not meddle in coaching decisions including team selections and recruitment
Sounds Hasler-esque, at least in terms of recruitment? Input on contract length, $$$ should be allowed

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The media are loving this. Dragons and Broncos were yesterday's news... today they're ducking out to get us! It's so obvious they have a real vendetta against us.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The media are loving this. Dragons and Broncos were yesterday's news... today they're ducking out to get us! It's so obvious they have a real vendetta against us.
Shame we make it so easy for them. I wouldn't mind so much if we had someone strong in charge who gives just as much as we get but we all know it's been the other way for quite some time.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any coach who signs with the Bulldogs should have in their contract that the Anderson’s cannot and will not meddle in coaching decisions including team selections and recruitment
100% agree....that's what needs to happen.....no interferance from the anderson

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever the Coach is we need him asap as they need to get players for next year. Imagine the pack of muppets that will be here waiting for the new coach if our club goes and does it? Be like, well the team we have now!
I'm sure if Barrett signs for 2021 he will have a big day in recruitment

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm sure if Barrett signs for 2021 he will have a big day in recruitment
Problem is that if he's committed to Penrith for 2020 and looks to grab players from them while he's still there then it will go south very quickly.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who the fuck sacks a coach or forces the coach "to walk", without already having a replacement signed up!

What a fricken circus

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could go down as another massive blow to the club if they signed this pretty boy.
Mark my words.

So confused atm, hope this is aint true.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Tell me more about Antonelli?

That took balls and loyalty to walk away on principle as a no name duding a pandemic.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who the fuck sacks a coach or forces the coach "to walk", without already having a replacement signed up!

What a fricken circus
They didn’t force him to walk they just said they weren’t offering him a deal for next year and Pay walked. Punting a coach without a replacement is much more common then having a replacement ready to go straight away.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This club is going so far down hill in such a rapid manner.
Barrett?? What a joke. Expect more years of shit. We are a horrible club at the moment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
2021 - Another rebuild year
Hopefully it’s our first legit rebuilding year making progress. These last 3 years haven’t been rebuilding years they have just been shit with nothing to show for the pain.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They didn’t force him to walk they just said they weren’t offering him a deal for next year and Pay walked. Punting a coach without a replacement is much more common then having a replacement ready to go straight away.
By the time the new coach comes in and recruits, the little talent that is available will already be signed up by other clubs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
By the time the new coach comes in and recruits, the little talent that is available will already be signed up by other clubs.
If it’s Barrett do you really think he’s going to be sitting back and waiting till November to start worrying about the Dogs? I don’t.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't mind Barrett as a choice but three years is too much considering his dubious record at Manly. Two years would have been better. Whatever the case I hope the club has get out clauses in there..

If Barrett is coming, he'll transform our attack and likely be able to recruit some talented youngsters. At least we'll be entertaining to watch for a change after a decade of Desball.

Hopefully some highly rated assistants are appointed this time around. I know everyone has massive doubts about the club and rightly so but I don't think Barrett is as bad a choice as others do.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it’s Barrett do you really think he’s going to be sitting back and waiting till November to start worrying about the Dogs? I don’t.
Even if he doesn't come til next year, he'll absolutely be involved in retention and recruiting from the minute he officially signs. As well as deciding what support staff he has.