Barrett the worst coach in NRL history

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You 've got to be Joking, We have spent all that Money on attacking coaches , defense coaches, conditioning coaches, motivational coaches, bought in new players, we had high hopes, everybody was so excited about our season, Fans have spent hard earned money on memberships & Season tickets & merchandise, now here we creating records we don't want, we have lost our 4 opening games, we have not scored a try in three and a half games of football everybody is hurt, and frustrated at the fact that we are the laughing stock of the NRL, The Easybeats, Fans going to the game have not been able to cheer on a try in 240 mins of football and fans turn to the Kennel to vent of their anger and you call us Morons & then say "Hopefully Baz makes some better selections and picks Doorey finally. But outside of that, the Baz hysteria is absurd .Are you serious???
Yes, I'm serious. Because he's not getting fired, we were expected to lose all but the Broncos game and we'll lose again next week.

Not scoring in three weeks is pathetic and Baz needs to make better selections plus him signing Flanagan, Allan, Hetherington and Waddell were all bad moves. So he deserves blame. I'm saying I'll wait and see how we go til after round 10 when we get a softer draw and some starters back before I say to sack him.

If we're still struggling after then of then of course he'll have to go. If we win two or three of those, then what will people be saying then?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bring in Shane Flanagan I don’t care if he gets half the soft cocks we have on the juice at least when he loses he looks pissed off and wants to murder ***** when the loses
Absolutely flannonwill put the sweepe through the joint
That would just mean we'd be stuck with Kyle Flanagan for longer. And right now he looks like he should be moved on.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook had a good cv unlike Barrett the ex-Manly dud 2.0
Every coach including Holbrook ran away when they saw how dire our salary cap was. No one wanted to go near us, coaches and players. We were a basket case. Barret on the other hand could have taken the easy option and stayed at Penrith to win a premiership in the next year or two or til a better coaching role appeared other than the Dogs. Instead he showed some balls to take on the impossible and risk his own future as a coach knowing with every chance the first year or two will be diabolical.

How about Dogs fans show some balls and back him til he gets the team he wants, not inherited.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck our fans are morons sometimes. Vent all you want, but we were right in the game til Lewis went off which changed everything. Even at 14-0 we weren't playing horribly. We were just completely out classed against a top 4 team. Look at the roster and the holes in the team instead of Barrett..

Hopefully Baz makes some better selections and picks Doorey finally. But outside of that, the Baz hysteria is absurd.
Some people can not and will not be pleased

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd honestly shift Jackson back the edge...straight up. I don't rate him there but he can't be worse than Waddell. Start Thompson with Hetherington and Renouf (they both deserve the chance to backup today's effort) and then you can shift Jackson in and bring in Doorey/Topine later in the half on the edge. Ogden and Ava both off the bench in the prop rotation.... probably a little better balanced...

And please, NO MORE COTRIC AT LEFT CENTRE. He is horrible there, like most of us expected. Idk how Baz can possibly think that's the best position for him in our backline lol
Yeah there are definitely changes that could make us better. Waddell should be benched I agree. I'd leave Renouf at lock if Jacko was back on an edge and go with:

1: Allan
2: Cotric
3: Averillo
4: Hopoate
5: DWZ
6: Lewis
7: Flanagan
8: Thompson
9: Topine
10: Hetherington
11: Elliott
12: Jackson
13: Renouf

14: Ogden
15: Doorey
16: Katoa
17: Waddell

Never to see FG again:

Napa
Britt
Stimson

I reckon that makes us way more balanced and competitive.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan in to coach WOW :laughing:
anyway like B-train said give it another 6 to 8 weeks and if still absolutely woeful hell i'll join the sack threads.Save your breaths though for a bit because next week will be another shitshow most likely, the Storm are another top 4 team we are far apart from that level obviously

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are definitely changes that could make us better. Waddell should be benched I agree. I'd leave Renouf at lock if Jacko was back on an edge and go with:

1: Meaney
2: Cotric
3: Averillo if fit, if not Hoppa
4: Allan
5: DWZ
6: Lewis
7: Flanagan
8: Thompson
9: Topine
10: Hetherington
11: Elliott
12: Jackson
13: Renouf

14: Ogden
15: Doorey
16: Katoa
17: Waddell

I reckon that makes us way more balanced and competitive.
Meaneys gone... Broken ribs

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every coach including Holbrook ran away when they saw how dire our salary cap was. No one wanted to go near us, coaches and players. We were a basket case. Barret on the other hand could have taken the easy option and stayed at Penrith to win a premiership in the next year or two or til a better coaching role appeared other than the Dogs. Instead he showed some balls to take on the impossible and risk his own future as a coach knowing with every chance the first year or two will be diabolical.

How about Dogs fans show some balls and back him til he gets the team he wants, not inherited.
I agree. Baz knew the situation and joined us anyway, so I’m putting faith in him that he can get us out of this mess.

If by the end of next there is little to no improvement, then I can understand calls to sack him, but he’s only 4 games into his tenure with very little to work with.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring in Shane Flanagan I don’t care if he gets half the soft cocks we have on the juice at least when he loses he looks pissed off and wants to murder ***** when the loses
Absolutely flannonwill put the sweepe through the joint
love it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Now the anger has subsided, I honestly think he is over his head and not the coach we need

BUT

I want to see what he does with the 15 duds off contract and who he signs.

That will make or break him and will be all the evidence needed to prove if he deserves to stay or go.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True.. Forgot that.. I'll edit it. Cheers
I don't want Hoppa in the team at all tbh.. but I think he needs to come in at FB..

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst half back ever to play?
Worst coach?
Nasty negative threads like this are NOT what being a Bulldog is about.

Suck it up and show some spine and cop it rough while we turn it around.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not TBAZ fault at all. He knew the shit show he was coming over to... the big thing is he can make this club his an get it back to where it needs to be.. if he does this .. then he has HUGE bragging rites, 21 is a write off . Let’s see what he does when he gets some quality .. this is our team, we are all doggies supporters. Have faith.!!!
Nice scoob

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry scoobs.. but he needs to shoulder some of the blame.. he's not addressing issues with our structures that have been around for 6 years.. and he signed a half that is not capable of helping anything..

There's enough of a squad to work with to avoid getting flogged to nil each week..

It's unacceptable..
I agree it’s unacceptable, have said that for the last 3 weeks. But hey we can’t do anything until we see how he goes next year, no sacking another coach already. Need to stick with someone,