News Barrett quits key role at panthers

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s a no fucking Brainer of course penrith ain’t gonna let baz know what’s happening how much there offering players to come or stay lol

maybe baz can sit in the back of the room uttering a better price bulldogs will pay for there players
It was reported there is a hand shake agreement he would not poach Penrith players,
I am sure you've read it boi

Malla

Reaction score
Buzz was giving it to gus on nrl360 didn’t realise how much he hates gus lol
Gus is the most overrated person in rugby league. Peel back the layers and he hasn't really achieved anything.

Our doggies team in 1988 he 'coached' had stars all over - Mortimers, Farrar, Folkes, Tunks, Lamb.. he was more of an event organiser. Doubt he did any coaching. The panthers teams he 'coached' was same as Bulldogs - destined for greatness with Brandy, Royce, Geyer, Freddy (I am sure I am missing more) - probably should have won more.

Look at the Roosters, how many premierships did he win with that squad? Thats right. None. He did nothing in the back office for Roosters either, that's all Politis. Did nothing at Panthers, nothing at Dragons. All the origins he coached he had Joey Johns and Freddy - how could he not win? lol

Literally the most overrated flog with a twitter addiction.

Am glad Buzz is calling it the way it is.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was reported there is a hand shake agreement he would not poach Penrith players,
And .....I don’t think he will give a shit once he finishes up there and good I say

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus is the most overrated person in rugby league. Peel back the layers and he hasn't really achieved anything.

Our doggies team in 1988 he 'coached' had stars all over - Mortimers, Farrar, Folkes, Tunks, Lamb.. he was more of an event organiser. Doubt he did any coaching. The panthers teams he 'coached' was same as Bulldogs - destined for greatness with Brandy, Royce, Geyer, Freddy (I am sure I am missing more) - probably should have won more.

Look at the Roosters, how many premierships did he win with that squad? Thats right. None. He did nothing in the back office for Roosters either, that's all Politis. Did nothing at Panthers, nothing at Dragons. All the origins he coached he had Joey Johns and Freddy - how could he not win? lol

Literally the most overrated flog with a twitter addiction.

Am glad Buzz is calling it the way it is.
He's achieved a bloody lot more than Rath-field tho.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck their handshake agreement. They're going to lose certain players due to cap pressure anyway and Burton is wasting away at Penrith. Why should he be allowed to sign with the Titans or Saints but not us? It makes no sense.

We lose under contract players all of the time and Penrith weren't complaining when we took CHN and DWZ off their hands so who cares what they say? It's a business and it's about time our club stopped trying to appease the NRL and the other clubs and started being more shrewd and cutthroat like the best clubs are.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love how the media reports 2.5m left in the cap taking out Cotric’s salary but not recognising CHN’s salary back in the kitty..

It’s 2.8-3m left in the war chest
My thoughts exactly.
But this may work in our favour as we have more to spend than what other clubs think and get under their gaurd.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Buzz was giving it to gus on nrl360 didn’t realise how much he hates gus lol
Gus abused the shit out of Buzz a few years back about a fake story he ran and he’s been sooking ever since

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have you seen how many ads are in newspapers? The money they make off subscriptions is chump change to them.
Even the online paid subscribers get smashed with ads. An actual whole page article only makes up a quarter of the web browser. It’s a joke

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This just tells us that he’s already started recruiting for next season and he removed himself from the current role to prevent any conflicts of interest.

Also love how they spit on Gould in that article lol. Looks like he has absolutely nothing to do with their current success. If anything, Penrith are probably who they are now because he was sacked. It probably burns him they are doing so well without him but he would have been cheering last season when they were in the shit. He’s a flog. Stick to commentating. Can’t wait to see him show how useless he is to the NRL.
Penrith would be bankrupt and out of business if Gould hadn't sorted out their horrible management, horrendous cost control and abysmal business practises with their financiers. He wasn't just there for football matters, as his title reflected "Executive General Manager" he had more far work in the other areas of their business. Their junior network and pathways only still exists because he saved the Panthers Group from going under, without that they would have had no funding to support their junior development.

Go Dogs

Malla

Reaction score
Penrith would be bankrupt and out of business if Gould hadn't sorted out their horrible management, horrendous cost control and abysmal business practises with their financiers. He wasn't just there for football matters, as his title reflected "Executive General Manager" he had more far work in the other areas of their business. Their junior network and pathways only still exists because he saved the Panthers Group from going under, without that they would have had no funding to support their junior development.

Go Dogs
You truly believe Gould (who has absolutely ZERO finance background or even running a business for that matter) has anything to do with the running of their business??? He was brought in to be a facade. To be the face of the brand, nothing more. He did absolutely zero leg work behind the scenes. Brian Fletcher spoke candidly about how he and his team (excluding Gould) restructure the Panthers group making them financially more viable and profitable.

Gould will talk shit about how he had something to do with it tho lol.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You truly believe Gould (who has absolutely ZERO finance background or even running a business for that matter) has anything to do with the running of their business??? He was brought in to be a facade. To be the face of the brand, nothing more. He did absolutely zero leg work behind the scenes. Brian Fletcher spoke candidly about how he and his team (excluding Gould) restructure the Panthers group making them financially more viable and profitable.
Gould will talk shit about how he had something to do with it tho lol.
My information came first hand from someone within Panthers Management, who I worked with for 5 years and have known for over 20, ie; a reliable source.

Go Dogs

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he needs to quit the panthers and come do his job with us ASAP!
Recruitment for next year should be his priority!!