News Barrett on SEN this morning

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
TB has an air of confidence in the way he speaks now. That will be massive for the playing group after years of being young and inexperienced as described by Pay.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the fact that he mentioned this year is not a rebuild. I'm sick of hearing that word. As soon you as say the work "rebuild", subconsciously you give the players excuses to slack off since you're not expected to make the 8. No more rebuild means the players are now expecting to make the 8.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's SEN?
All sport channel there a sen app you can download there got a heap about rugby league and other sports it's good you can catch up on if you miss a episode got the likes of vossy, Matty johns, Joel and fletch Matt white, Jimmy Smith a heap from the afl and racing and just general sport I been listening to them since they launched good station

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love the fact that he mentioned this year is not a rebuild. I'm sick of hearing that word. As soon you as say the work "rebuild", subconsciously you give the players excuses to slack off since you're not expected to make the 8. No more rebuild means the players are now expecting to make the 8.
I think it depends on how they're using the term rebuild, technically we're rebuilding to be a top 8 team, then we're building towards being a top 4 team. It all comes down to coaching and recruitment anyways. By the time the 2021 season starts we had the opportunity to build a top 8 roster and coaching staff imo (if we did that's another thing). I guess it comes down to the confidence and belief within the group, what we think (our expectations) doesn't really matter, and the good thing for competitive players they're usually quite delusional (which is a good thing).

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, rebuild is an excuse for coaches trying to save their job. Same as 'we've got a young team'. Baz sounds genuine and like he'll own whatever happens and make players accountable too.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really get a good feeling about Baz, his voice always sounds humble and sincere... I think he is the coach that will get us out of the rut we have been in. Fingers crossed!
He seems like the the right person at this right time in our club's history.

We all gotta support him cos this team has improved but still no where near the top teams.

He has to unteach them so much and they need to learn to be confident players and winners again. A big job but he's well on the way by the looks.

It proves to me that the club dont have to carry on like victims and behave as though its a need to know, top secret to tell fans whats going on. It's refreshing to feel like we are a valued part of the joint again.

Memberships and game attendances will rise for sure along with the positive culture we once had about the team and players.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are right FG, I have mentioned this before...To succeed you always aim to the summit !!!
I know the game has changed, but try and tell the 79 and 80 team it's a rebuild year !!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has to unteach them so much and they need to learn to be confident players and winners again.
Yeah, our disjointed, b-grade way of attacking never changed from Des's last couple of years right through Pay's and Georgallis's stay. It's like the players just told Pay, "this is how we play," and he said OK! Thankfully Tolman's gone to take 4th's in the shire.

Baz has done a great job showing respect for the club right from the start. He seems to have re-captured that love of the club that kids have for their team, so it comes across as easy and genuine. Probably doesn't matter really - he just needs to be a good coach, but I reckon most of us dogs fans like it when the coach has that connection. He's not a club insider though and I like that he's got that connection, but still got fresh eyes. He seems confident of taking us up the ladder and I'm sure the players will get a lot of confidence from him, just like us fans are.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right FG, I have mentioned this before...To succeed you always aim to the summit !!!
I know the game has changed, but try and tell the 79 and 80 team it's a rebuild year !!!
Our success in 79 and 80 was largely due to our dynamic style of play and our greatest player ever Turvey. We don't have anyone of that calibre today but at least we have a young dynamic coach who transformed the riff from a bog average team into the best attacking team in one season. I'll back him to get us back to the top faster than what it normally takes.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played middle in reserves while he was at the storm and apparently done okay there...would rather give him a run there over Napa at this stage.
Agree totally,I stopped in last week,to pick up something from the football club,and watched the boys training,Stimson is a big unit,and moves very fast for a big man,much rather him than Napa.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Benji Marshall is set to become one of the highest-paid players in the English Super League after Hull FC tabled a huge one-year deal to the veteran playmaker.

The Daily Telegraph understands Hull FC have made Marshall an offer for 2021 believed to be in the vicinity of £400,000 ($722,000AUD).

Last week, Marshall’s former Tigers teammate Brett Hodgson was confirmed as Hull FC’s new head coach.

It’s expected Marshall will make a decision about moving to England in the coming week.

Marshall has attracted interest from within the NRL but at this stage has been unable to come to an agreement with his suitors."

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree totally,I stopped in last week,to pick up something from the football club,and watched the boys training,Stimson is a big unit,and moves very fast for a big man,much rather him than Napa.
I wasn't a fan of Stimson, plenty of storm players never kick on when they leave and he was struggling since his back injury and packed on some extra weight. Me giving him a run over Napa is more to so with how little I rate Napa lol, but Stimson defenitely has some ability.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Benji Marshall is set to become one of the highest-paid players in the English Super League after Hull FC tabled a huge one-year deal to the veteran playmaker.

The Daily Telegraph understands Hull FC have made Marshall an offer for 2021 believed to be in the vicinity of £400,000 ($722,000AUD).

Last week, Marshall’s former Tigers teammate Brett Hodgson was confirmed as Hull FC’s new head coach.

It’s expected Marshall will make a decision about moving to England in the coming week.

Marshall has attracted interest from within the NRL but at this stage has been unable to come to an agreement with his suitors."

Wow, $700K for Benji. I guess it helps when his ex-teammate is the coach. This is good news for us because I don't want him here even as a stop gap. In saying that Baz did sound VERY confident about getting Burton here for 21, he almost made it sound like it was a mere formality that he'd be here. I just wonder who the other 2 spots are for and more importantly how long are we going to have to wait to find out

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like this SEN.
Some of the programs are a bit shite, be interesting to see if it can survive in Sydney, a sports stations been tried before and didn’t last long.