News Barrett on SEN this morning

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, $700K for Benji. I guess it helps when his ex-teammate is the coach. This is good news for us because I don't want him here even as a stop gap. In saying that Baz did sound VERY confident about getting Burton here for 21, he almost made it sound like it was a mere formality that he'd be here. I just wonder who the other 2 spots are for and more importantly how long are we going to have to wait to find out
I watched the ESL grand final and there were blokes playing who would be lucky to make state cup here. Zeb Taia ffs is still running around and holding his own. Lachlan Coote plays like Lockyer over there.

Benji will kill it there. I haven’t heard a single statement from our club saying they are remotely interested. Baz was asked this morning about him but didn’t really respond

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good news on NO benji at the Dogs..now it has come down to dollars chasing for this ageing playmaker good luck to him if he wants to pack up and go over there bet his family will fuckin hate it.
As for the wait on further announcements I'm guessing it will be excruciatingly long like the Matt Burton confirmation was :confused:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched the ESL grand final and there were blokes playing who would be lucky to make state cup here. Zeb Taia ffs is still running around and holding his own. Lachlan Coote plays like Lockyer over there.

Benji will kill it there. I haven’t heard a single statement from our club saying they are remotely interested. Baz was asked this morning about him but didn’t really respond
You're right, Baz didn't really say anything when "Benji" was mentioned and almost sounded un-interested.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, $700K for Benji. I guess it helps when his ex-teammate is the coach. This is good news for us because I don't want him here even as a stop gap. In saying that Baz did sound VERY confident about getting Burton here for 21, he almost made it sound like it was a mere formality that he'd be here. I just wonder who the other 2 spots are for and more importantly how long are we going to have to wait to find out
Hope they give 1 of the spots to doorey. The guy already played 5 nrl games last season. Dont know why he has to wait till june to play in nrl again, being in development squad.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of the programs are a bit shite, be interesting to see if it can survive in Sydney, a sports stations been tried before and didn’t last long.
Hope they do. We had one here in NZ, and covid hit and it went belly up. It was around for 20 odd years, I like sports talk. So this is a good substitute.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The word on JAC is that he will be going to Souths in 2022 abd by the looks of it you will be in a morgue when this gets announced
Not according to Malia...he says he’s a done deal at the dogs but I agree with u...he will be a rabbit

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can all see y the ESL,is in such a bad state,if it’s true they outlaying that sort of money,for a 35 yr old,but then u have to look at the source,of the information.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really get a good feeling about Baz, his voice always sounds humble and sincere... I think he is the coach that will get us out of the rut we have been in. Fingers crossed!
How great is it to have a coach who conducts himself with professionalism in interviews, rather than that fumbling, mumbling Idiot Hassler, just Listening to Barret must instill a lot of confidence in our team & restore a lot of pride back to our club.