Barrett is not the man

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blue and white for 41 years and I can honestly say I think they have made a mistake giving the job to Trent. Des fucked us, Dean tried to fix us with no support and now Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential for guys at the end of their career (James Tamou ) . Makes no sense to me. Barrett didn’t have the best footy brain when he played and I think the lure of his relationship with the new sponser was the main reason behind the decision.
Good to see you thought long and hard about your first thread, and gave it the polish it deserved. Well played.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No 2020 first grade NRL grunt let go.
We will have seen enough to know by Baz's actions if his signing was a mistake end of 2021 season.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue and white for 41 years and I can honestly say I think they have made a mistake giving the job to Trent. Des fucked us, Dean tried to fix us with no support and now Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential for guys at the end of their career (James Tamou ) . Makes no sense to me. Barrett didn’t have the best footy brain when he played and I think the lure of his relationship with the new sponser was the main reason behind the decision.
Thought I had read some dumb shit on TK but “Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential” has taken it to a whole new level.
Well done mate you’re the current leader.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s not cry before the race is run.
The year 2020 has been a shit fest.
2021 when our forwards learn to run through brick walls and have bodies in motion rather than the crap we fished this year,we were absolutely terrible.
The team isn’t finalised yet and the only way is up

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It remains to be seen how he goes with us. A cleanout is about 3 years overdue and it has only started now. This will take another 2-3 years. One thing I know for certain is that Baz wants to turn things around and is going all in.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure where you saw that personally ...

But have realised that some on here get so stuck in their own head, they start making up things to suit their own agendas. Doubt that'd be you though ;)
Yeah you’re right my agenda has been as plain as day from day one.
A winning club with a winning culture
Guilty as charged

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His stint at Manly wasn't great but the positives are he's tried to learn from it and worked in a few roles which would have improved him.

Fact is he'll be here next year, he's tried to surround himself with experience and I'm sure we'll be better than 15th next year.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree to a certain extent.

There are a lot of kennelers jumping the gun too soon with the Barrett wankfest. He had a fair squad at Manly and didnt achieve much, and hopefully he has learnt his lessons

Regardless, I support him 100% and I hope he does well, and I hope he is given a fair go
You can only learn from mistakes and be better for it second time around can’t be worse.. go the dogs

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input big Stevie Georgalis, all the best for next year.