Barrett is not the man

fishdog

New Pup
Reaction score
Blue and white for 41 years and I can honestly say I think they have made a mistake giving the job to Trent. Des fucked us, Dean tried to fix us with no support and now Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential for guys at the end of their career (James Tamou ) . Makes no sense to me. Barrett didn’t have the best footy brain when he played and I think the lure of his relationship with the new sponser was the main reason behind the decision.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue and white for 41 years and I can honestly say I think they have made a mistake giving the job to Trent. Des fucked us, Dean tried to fix us with no support and now Trent is getting rid of players that have real grunt and potential for guys at the end of their career (James Tamou ) . Makes no sense to me. Barrett didn’t have the best footy brain when he played and I think the lure of his relationship with the new sponser was the main reason behind the decision.
Ok so to which ex player are you related?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can honestly say I disagree 1000%. A coaching team of Barrett and Furner next year will be much better than what we have had.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree to a certain extent.

There are a lot of kennelers jumping the gun too soon with the Barrett wankfest. He had a fair squad at Manly and didnt achieve much, and hopefully he has learnt his lessons

Regardless, I support him 100% and I hope he does well, and I hope he is given a fair go

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi New pup. James Tamou is going to the Tigers.. What you talkin about Willis?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think Trent will be an improvement at least for our spine players.

However, a coaching team of Furner and Barrett and Tangata Goa isn't the brains trust it seems.
Furner has a bad coaching record and flopped massively with Leeds and was dumped last year.
Leeds have some handy players, I'd worry if they didn't fire. They should never drop out of the top 4.
Barrett didn't do well at manly either.
So their back room conversations may not be the greatest.

I'm still very curious as to who is most responsible for Penriths success this year.
Trent?
Ivan?
Just the players themselves?

If it's Trent, we may have just landed the buy of the year

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol at least give him a chance before you write the guy off. We have not lost anybody we should be overly concerned about. Foran is broken and Tolman has been a great servant, but time to move on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Certainly a bit of a premature wankfest forming on here but I’m not prepared to write him off. Hope he goes well.
Personally I'm not completely sold on Barrett, and I doubt anyone will be until we win a premiership.

However, I'm really impressed with the coaching positions he's filled which is an area I think we've been lacking in for as long as I can remember. The fact that we're really strengthening there really bodes well for me but we do need to add 3-4 more quality players to the side imo.

So, to put it in other words ... I'm not wanking over him yet but I've been the lube, signed up to the tube8 premium account, and have got a ton of tissues ready. Let's hope that I'm able to complete my plans soon enough!