Rumour Barrett Gone

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We just waiting on Pricey now to instruct him when to clean out his locker.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There's a board meeting Tuesday. There will be a review on the best interest of the club moving forward. If the board agrees to sack Barrett then Gus has no say. There is a big chance that the coaching staff will be questioned. As of now Barrett is in a big hole. There is a massive call on Josh jackson as Captain. JMK is axed. Josh Cook likely to take over. JAC will be Fullback. Big changes coming Tuesday.
This aged well champ…
Barrett is still coach, JMK was named at hooker, JAC named on the wing. Your prediction % is lower than Trent’s win %. Ain’t that telling :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus can't sack Barrett without first taking a more hands on approach to our ladder predicament, player selection and positions, and playing style.

This is a different scenario than at Penrith with Not So Cleary and Brian Griffin. Baz/Gus are personal friends, not just associates.

Baz will be here till Gus is thoroughly convinced his mate absolutely can't coach at all even with Mahoney and Kiks coming in 2023 ....and at least till Round 20.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus didn't allow Barrett in the dressing room. Gus spoke with the players privately after the game, Thats why Jackson didn't go to the press conference. Based on that I think Barrett will be sacked on Tuesday. I won't be surprised if Shane Flannagan is appointed by round 10.
This whole post is probably made up

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do people get out of making up these ridiculous stories.
Its not just here - i understand n accept we can all have opinions, beliefs and bias - informed and otherwise - but just making stuff up and passing it off as fact is another level. Again its not just on RL forums - its everywhere

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based on that I think Barrett will be sacked on Tuesday. I won't be surprised if Shane Flannagan is appointed by round 10.
Tuesday has come & gone & Barrett is still coach.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not just here - i understand n accept we can all have opinions, beliefs and bias - informed and otherwise - but just making stuff up and passing it off as fact is another level. Again its not just on RL forums - its everywhere
Fair point what you are saying and totally understand it’s not just here but seriously making up bs is not on.
By far most people are honest and just like sharing thoughts regarding our beloved dogs.
Nothing wrong with that.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair point what you are saying and totally understand it’s not just here but seriously making up bs is not on.
By far most people are honest and just like sharing thoughts regarding our beloved dogs.
Nothing wrong with that.
The sharing of thoughts and opinions is the point of the forum - even when we disagree with someones opinion of a player or coach or a decision - its just an opinion (shouldnt be about the player/ coach personally ) - the statements alleging to be facts - do people do it to make themselves feel important or do they not understand the difference between opinion n fact?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really wish people would stop spreading stories that a friend or neighbour told them.
They are meaningless, and only give ammunition to journos, like you know who, to write more rubbish
and ridicule our club.
None of us really know what Baz's future holds.
surely no one believed what the kid wrote did they? that would be like believing what special Dave writes.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sharing of thoughts and opinions is the point of the forum - even when we disagree with someones opinion of a player or coach or a decision - its just an opinion (shouldnt be about the player/ coach personally ) - the statements alleging to be facts - do people do it to make themselves feel important or do they not understand the difference between opinion n fact?
People do it to make out like they are in the inner circle or know someone that holds a high role within management.
At the end liars always come unstuck and are tarnished for good.