Barrett Confirms Jackson Will Play Lock

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Him not having impact. Will be happy if he does but im worried because i feel we are light up front overall
I thought the same but the more I consider the new rules the more I see the bigger guys disappearing.

Athletic and mobile 90-100kg machine like forwards with skills are more likely.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeo did a lot of passing. Can Jackson manage that?
We should have an extra half in Allan at fullback compared to you guys who had Edwards so I don't think our lock should have to do anything too difficult in terms of passing the ball...Jackson should manage.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson actually did have a nice passing game early in his career so much so that he played a few games at 5/8. It has faded away in the last 5 years for what ever reason.
We should have an extra half in Allan at fullback compared to you guys who had Edwards so I don't think our lock should have to do anything too difficult in terms of passing the ball...Jackson should manage.
Sounds promising. The way Barrett had us set up was often with Yeo at 1st or second receiver alternating between giving a long ball to a half or short ball to a prop.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lock has always been his best position,and maybe new coach new players,might bring out the best in him,this season,to lessen the strain on him,have Hoppa as a co captain,as much as a lot people on this kennel don’t like hoppa,these 2 guys have been our best performers over the last couple years

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Especially now that we’ve lost Tolman, Jackson was always going to go to permanent Lock. Hate him or loathe him, someone has to to clean up the middle now that Tols has gone.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought the same but the more I consider the new rules the more I see the bigger guys disappearing.

Athletic and mobile 90-100kg machine like forwards with skills are more likely.
Agree. Lets see how he plays this year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How so. I think he’s integral at present, especially with what we have on the current roster
Would swap him and Napa for any two props in the comp. I just dont understand re-signing Elliot for 470k to play a middle role off the bench when u have so many other fill ins.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko will be the type of lock that will just go hard in attack and d he will be very good there
Exactly - plus his middle defence is excellent. Will be interesting to see if he plays 80 as captain but my guess is he'll get 30 odd minutes at the start and end, with a rest in the middle of games.