News Barrett came to the Bulldogs as the attack whisperer. He needs to start shouting

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Holbrook who I wanted us to sign originally started off horribly last season with a few thrashings. Then once he had time to put his stamp on the team and they had a softer draw, then went on a run and looked great.

People were hammering Saints and Griffin after the Cronulla game but they had two soft games against Nth Qld and Manly to get their confidence and now everyone is hailing Griffin for the job he's doing.

People are way too fickle and reactionary and need to understand that any new coach needs a season to put their stamp on the team. We've been this shit under Des and Pay too, so I don't see how it's all Baz's fault.
Very good points you raise. Totally agree.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our attack will improve when we get an even share of possession. We are burning a lot of energy doing extra defence,which isn’t helping our attack

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't run with the ball if you haven't got the ball, Run Metres is affected by possession and with only 42% possession it's hardly surprising that the run metres aren't great.
Do me a favour, check our errors per game and then see if you can make a direct link between that and the 42% possession.
Go Dogs
More than happy to do you a favour ;)
In the Panthers game we made 9 Errors and they made 8, hardly explains the 41% to 59% difference in the Possession
How about Penalties (set restarts and sin bins are penalties) at 11 against compared to 3 for, that seems like a closer link to Possession than Errors.

I think we all know the Knoughts game where possession was 45% to 55%, with penalties at 10 to 3. Of course our errors were a horrid 13 compared to 7.

Last week possession was 47% to 53% and we made less Errors (8 to 9) than they did, whilst the penalties we 10 to 5.

It seems to me that Penalties are better indicator of Possession than Errors, most definitely the case in 2 out of the 3 games so far.

Go Dogs

Malla

Reaction score
More than happy to do you a favour ;)
In the Panthers game we made 9 Errors and they made 8, hardly explains the 41% to 59% difference in the Possession
How about Penalties (set restarts and sin bins are penalties) at 11 against compared to 3 for, that seems like a closer link to Possession than Errors.

I think we all know the Knoughts game where possession was 45% to 55%, with penalties at 10 to 3. Of course our errors were a horrid 13 compared to 7.

Last week possession was 47% to 53% and we made less Errors (8 to 9) than they did, whilst the penalties we 10 to 5.

It seems to me that Penalties are better indicator of Possession than Errors, most definitely the case in 2 out of the 3 games so far.

Go Dogs
So you have diagnosed your own problem and figured out a way to solve it.

In order to increase possession with the ball, we must reduce our errors and this will lead to a greater opportunity to increase our meters gained.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So you have diagnosed your own problem and figured out a way to solve it.
In order to increase possession with the ball, we must reduce our errors and this will lead to a greater opportunity to increase our meters gained.
I don't think decreasing the Errors will solve it (as the Panthers game stats prove), not completely anyway, we need a far share of the Penalties, that statistically has had a far greater impact on our lack of Possession in the 3 games to date. Obviously not all Penalties come from Errors, unless you include refereeing errors ;)

Go Dogs

Malla

Reaction score
I don't think decreasing the Errors will solve it (as the Panthers game stats prove), not completely anyway, we need a far share of the Penalties, that statistically has had a far greater impact on our lack of Possession in the 3 games to date. Obviously not all Penalties come from Errors, unless you include refereeing errors ;)

Go Dogs
You are saying we need more penalties to win?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You are saying we need more penalties to win?
Obviously Penalties FOR not Penalties AGAINST. Obviously, if we had the Penalties at 10 for compared to 3 against in the Knoughts game we would have won in a canter.

Go Dogs

Malla

Reaction score
Obviously Penalties FOR not Penalties AGAINST. Obviously, if we had the Penalties at 10 for compared to 3 against in the Knoughts game we would have won in a canter.

Go Dogs
Ok

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I absolutely hate the way we played but it's been only 3 games into the season and the so called experts are already laying the boot into him.
Yup... but that’s how it will always be until we see some results and start winning . Up to us to shut them up.. I hope TBAZ Comes out on top an proves them all wrong.!!