News Barrett blasts Bulldogs' failure to stick to plan

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously...How many of our squad would Bellamy have at his Club? Elliot? Cotric?Thompson?Flanagan as a back up half?And?

Expedite

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with Barrett, watching the games we seem to have a lot of players with very low football IQ's. Dumb decision after dumb decision on the field and not really sure there is an easy fix for that other than long term improved recruitment.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah righto mate. I was speaking at length with a former broncos player, that played under Griffin. He didnt have a single decent thing to say about the guy. Absolutely hated him!!
Can he coach. Yes. He has proven to get teams moving. The well liked coaches such as Pay and Barrett have been doing a bang up job.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s just simply going to take time to adapt to new methods with new coaches, new systems, new players, young players who are lucky if they have a handful of games under their belt, key positions to be filled, some old players on their way out, players coming off contract and new players coming next year. Of course we are going to lose games while this is beginning. We are in a rebuilding faze.
The Hasler ears ruined our juniors which means we are trying to buy talent rather than breed it.
I fucking hated what we dished up last week, and at least the next 2 weeks will hurt more.
No depth, lacking talent in certain areas and combinations to build unfortunately is going to take time.
If we could finish 12th as a target this year would be a reasonable result.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop bagging the coach!!
He is trying to build a team from scratch with what he has. It will take time. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
things will change eventually. It’s rd3 what did everyone expect. He’s not God. Trust the process.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How does Barrett believe we could've won that game? He uses the term "victory" very loosely. Someone tell him we lost by 24 points.
Because we had enough attacking opportunities to do it. Created off our go forward. We were in the right positions, we just didn’t execute on our chances. Even after turning the ball over 1000 times.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's footy not rocket science, how hard is it to score a couple of tries on the Broncos?

Unless Kevin Walters has become a defensive mastermind overnight and tactically schooled Barrett.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Stick to the plan says the guy who moved our supposedly long term fullback to the wing after three games.

Lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Very concerning how things are shaping up with Barrett in charge already.
I’m pretty patient. I know change takes time and I’m willing to allow it before I give up on a coach.... but these changes just scream panic to me.

Allan was great last year. He was bought to play fullback and Barrett shifts him after just three games? Not only thst, but he moves him to the wing where he can’t use his best asset, his bell skills .... he’s not a winger.

Then there’s Averillo. He had a really good first half last weekend. Sure, his performance fell away in the second, but he’s young snd inexperienced. ... thsts going to happen. The first half was the best we’ve seen from him in the position and Barrett’s response is to drop him? It just seems desperate and counter productive to me. I’m not giving up on Trent yet. I want him to succeed. But after seeing the team sheet today, I’m as worried as I’ve been.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty patient. I know change takes time and I’m willing to allow it before I give up on a coach.... but these changes just scream panic to me.

Allan was great last year. He was bought to play fullback and Barrett shifts him after just three games? Not only thst, but he moves him to the wing where he can’t use his best asset, his bell skills .... he’s not a winger.

Then there’s Averillo. He had a really good first half last weekend. Sure, his performance fell away in the second, but he’s young snd inexperienced. ... thsts going to happen. The first half was the best we’ve seen from him in the position and Barrett’s response is to drop him? It just seems desperate and counter productive to me. I’m not giving up on Trent yet. I want him to succeed. But after seeing the team sheet today, I’m as worried as I’ve been.
He might be protecting Averillo from a hiding by the Souths team, which would have targeted him.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow that’s a lot of questions there mate.. I’ll just say that I agree the biggest disappointment for me is I thought some blokes off contract would be trying a bit harder. But reality is nobody we let go last year is a starter anywhere else besides Foran and possibly Tolman if there is injuries. Will most likely be the same at the end of this year and maybe some of those blokes have read the papers as we keep hearing about clean outs.
I think in 2020 Tolman and Lewis masked how far behind the competition we actually are with there defence albeit they offer zero in attack. We had plenty of narrow or thereabouts losses last year, this year, we seem to have regressed.

Our recruitment for 2022 has to be on pointe or it’s going to delay us a further 3yrs.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we are at least three signings away from being competive. Signings we should make are;
1. Isaac Lui- comes from a good system, experienced and underrated.

2. Martin Taupau - Past his best but still has more to offer than the blokes we have. Only if Manly pay a large amount of his contract.

3. Darryl Clarke - goes without saying we need a experience and creative hooked.

4.Nathan Brown - tough good go forward and is having problems with Parra. Good mates with Cotric which will help get him over.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we are at least three signings away from being competive. Signings we should make are;
1. Isaac Lui- comes from a good system, experienced and underrated.

2. Martin Taupau - Past his best but still has more to offer than the blokes we have. Only if Manly pay a large amount of his contract.

3. Darryl Clarke - goes without saying we need a experience and creative hooked.

4.Nathan Brown - tough good go forward and is having problems with Parra. Good mates with Cotric which will help get him over.
Where you playing Brown? Jackson ain't going to move from lock and if he's on an edge he's a liability. Lui been at the Roosters since 2013 and he'd be very loyal, you'd need to offer a lot more than what he's worth. You'd be better off going Toby Rudolf.

hoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Allen should be made 5/8 meaney is our safest and quickest player so fullback we need a big hitter in the middle and big and mobile prop , we need to promote another centre from the nsw cup hoppa to the wing deitz at hooker with quick play the balls this guy can scoot and play up the middle for 3 sets then play out wide to cotric and meany chiming in lewis will do a job in the tackling department as long as flanno calls the shots