Barrett asked about Pangai and Vaughn

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think we will end up having to pay overs for someone like Vaughn. No other clubs seem to be to keen and if we dont sign a couple of solid forwards all the good work done signing Burton and JAC will be for nothing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Barrett in today’s press conference:

on vaughn: he’s a very good player but there’s some stuff he’s going through down there so that’s all I’ll say about that

On Pangai: we’re not sure what’s going on with tevita, we have had some discussions with him a while ago but not sure

not sure what to take from that (lack of) information…
Really on top of it hey :grinning:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we also mention that after Dogs v Roosters last week after it had been literally announced that Dufty was coming and signed, Tbaz still said 'i've had my phone off all day so i'm not sure about that'. I wouldnt take anything he says on board because clearly he doesn't want to give anything away
I think he started off with his typical country boy honesty but the board has asked him to keep it all in house. As the season has gone on he’s giving less and less away.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's no use making statements about potential signings. If he did and it fell through it looks bad for the club. I'm happy with the club announcing only done deals.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a different type of response compared to when he was asked about Dufty last week. I wouldn't count anything until I see an official announcement.
Yes indeed.. no hopes at all until stated so.!!

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will end up having to pay overs for someone like Vaughn. No other clubs seem to be to keen and if we dont sign a couple of solid forwards all the good work done signing Burton and JAC will be for nothing.
If no other club is keen on Vaughan (and for good reason) then why the hell should we overpay.... if anything he should come cheap.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s yes we want them. Ask yourself logically . If a player like those two come not be market and it’s known another rival is competing with them then would you be like YEAH WE WANT THEM SO BAD ? it’s happening we will nab one .. back up plan is we call Ben cozwolski and Jarrad hickey out of retirement to take us back to the top.
Put me in coach

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What about the one when he was doing a radio interview and was heard at the airport and come out with 'im going back to my hometown in regional NSW' but was then spotted in Melbourne talking to Cheese:tearsofjoy:
He was actually pretty good at diverting the question in the presser when DWZ was linked to the Warriors and managed to make his answer about his ‘injury’. 100% he knows what’s happening and equally he’ll give very little away until there’s anything official.

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
He gave a similar answer when asked about Dufty after the Rosters game, so I don't think you can read too much into his responses.

Last edited:

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Duffy, he was very unspecific. The fact he said the talks with tevita were “a while ago” is worrying. But hopefully he’s just not giving anything away

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane should be as priority above all these other names

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ is ours. Heard nothing of Vaughan although you'd think we'd chase him but also there's a lot of clap back after Ray Hadley and Cooper Cronk basically saying he should never play again
TPJ ours?

Are you serious.
Really hope you know something.
Feel free to DM me if you do