Barrett asked about Pangai and Vaughn

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because its bullshit and he is not signing! he is after a big pay day and will sign on for top dollar....Its so obvious!
It actually a stupid time to announce any big signing esp of rugby league player on a million contract in Sydney nothing easy to piss more off people.

There already resentment regarding treatment by different govts and truck load of people about to lose their job and be welfare.

So if you want the pick forks and make even easier for the mob mentality go for it.

Yes and I do know Newcastle made announcements today

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett in today’s press conference:

on vaughn: he’s a very good player but there’s some stuff he’s going through down there so that’s all I’ll say about that

On Pangai: we’re not sure what’s going on with tevita, we have had some discussions with him a while ago but not sure

not sure what to take from that (lack of) information…
Fuck both of them and sign finucan!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone name an off contract player who hasn't been linked to the Bulldogs?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think TPJ will more than likely go to the tigers and the delay is that Wests and brisbane play this week I’m sure the tigers will pay him way too much and we’ll dodge a bullet

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walters is off to Brisbane from the Tiges so probably a players swap for TPJ.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Walters is off to Brisbane from the Tiges so probably a players swap for TPJ.
Walters was off contract next year anyways. If Broncos are looking for a swap they could get someone a lot better than Walters (who they could sign for next year anyways).

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brent read said he could make a decision today the clubs are growing frustrated with how long he is taking read said he still reckons dogs are still in front to land him and mentioned dogs are 6 to 1 favourites to sign Vaughan just waiting to find out with the nrl integrity unit about how he suspension and pay will be worked out

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Brent read said he could make a decision today the clubs are growing frustrated with how long he is taking read said he still reckons dogs are still in front to land him and mentioned dogs are 6 to 1 favourites to sign Vaughan just waiting to find out with the nrl integrity unit about how he suspension and pay will be worked out
Brent in so boring to listen to. Mind numbing

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The only thing I can think would attract him to the tigers over us is dollars and his ex teammate Joe Ofa in his ear. Hopefully Tanga’s doing the same at our end. The more I think about it the more I think he could play his best footy with us given the influence of Thommo & Jacko.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foxsports
CLUBS WAITING ON BRONCOS BAD BOY

Tevita Pangai Jr has a number of options on the table but he’s yet to make a decision on his future, according to Brent Read.

The Broncos initially told the fiery forward he was free to leave Red Hill, but it’s now reported Brisbane is prepared to keep him on the books next year if he decides to stay.

But it’s looking likely he won’t, and instead has two Sydney clubs fighting for his services.

The Tigers and Bulldogs have offers on the table for Pangai and Read says he was expected to make a decision by Saturday, but that didn’t happen.

“Tevita Pangai is an interesting one. The Tigers and Canterbury are obviously vying for Tevita, everyone expected a decision on Friday,” Read said.

“It didn’t come. They’ve been bracing for a decision today. Last time I spoke to the Tigers, Canterbury, and Brisbane, they were all still waiting for Tevita to make a call.

“As it stands right now we’re still waiting on Tevita. I think there’s a genuine level of frustration from the Tigers and Canterbury that they haven’t heard yet.

“Not to the point where they’re pulling out, they are still biding their time and waiting to get something out of Tevita.

“I’m told Tevita is flipping and flopping, he can’t make up his mind.”

The news on Friday that Phil Gould has joined Canterbury in a head of football role could ultimately sway Pangai one way or the other.

“I don’t think Gus (Gould) as got anything to do with it... Tevita and his camp weren’t aware of that,” Read said.

But he went on to say that will now be factored into the decision.

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What Dogs want before signing sacked Dragon;
Source: Fox Sports

Canterbury is set to sign sacked Dragons prop Paul Vaughan, but the Bulldogs have asked the NRL for clarity over an eight-week suspension hanging over the player’s head before they commit fully.

Vaughan was sacked on the spot by St George Illawarra last week after breaching NSW Police orders and NRL Covid protocols by hosting a party with a dozen Red V teammates.

His $800,000 contract was torn up immediately, but it appears he won’t be unemployed for long.

The Australian journalist Brent Read says Vaughan will be given a lifeline by the Dogs.

But there’s a sticking point. Vaughan has been handed a two-month ban by the NRL, which can’t be served while he’s not a contracted player.

“The issue there is the Dogs are waiting for some clarity from the integrity unit about how it will play out once they do sign him,” Read told Triple M radio on Saturday.

“They could sign him now, he would serve his suspension out, but they would have to pay him.

“They’ve got to work out with the integrity unit what they would be paying him given he won’t be playing, what would be a legitimate payment, what would be a legitimate contract.

“I think they want to get some clarity around how the suspension would play out if they signed him now, how it would play out if they signed him for the start of next year, whether they would avoid having to pay him this year, that serves his suspension and then he comes back next year and the ban is served. That’s what Canterbury is trying to establish.”FB_IMG_1626503364366.jpg

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The face you get when you have to play for the dragons.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Broncos initially told the fiery forward he was free to leave Red Hill, but it’s now reported Brisbane is prepared to keep him on the books next year if he decides to stay.
They won't have a choice, if he decides to leave he has a contract with them. Also I posted earlier/yesterday the Haas wants his buddy to stay, so says the couriermail/ Pete Badel