Rumour Barrett and Cleary split

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TBAZ is doing why any good coach would do, going after the players he wants, once he left Penrith he is free to poach, clubs have poached from us an each other for years, shit story.!!

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how penrith go without baz, and 2021 teams will be more schooled on how they play, i think they might go back a peg or 2 like the raiders, they got scooled more in 2020

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
Normally I'd say it's media trying to create a storm in a teacup... But personally I feel Ivan comes off as abit of a dick especially after the whole tigers thing. Anyways if it is true Ivan can't talk, went to Penrith from Warriors and took Lewis Brown, Elijah Taylor and others with him. Took some of his favourties from those times with him to the Tigers also. Swings and roundabouts
It’s that chooksmoker blood in him , he can’t help being a massive cockhead

Reactions: obe

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ON THE BUS

A couple of years ago, the Tigers had a pop-up bus cut-out that fans could get a pic with, and they even made their membership passes into bus passes.

This all stems from that quote from then new coach Ivan Cleary about players needing to be 'on the bus' - referring to the drama surrounding the "Big" Four and their loyalty to the club.

Get your seat #OnTheBus! :tonguewink:

This is the bus today.....This is what Ivan did to the bus when he broke his contract and left the Tigers high and dry for his beloved Panthers. :o

#IvanIsAHypocrite
for me, it was not simply the hypocrisy of Cleary with the whole 'on the bus' rubbish and bailing to return to Penrith but also the sorry state of the Tigers salary cap left by Cleary with the likes of Reynolds, Matulino and Packer on big money

added to that is Cleary then knifing Gould once back at Penrith after Gould had resurrected the club's playing roster and finances

opportunistic bullsh*t from Ivan IMO

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbaz won't give 2 shites I reckon. It's his probably last chance to see what he has so he's not going to hold back for hypocrite Cleary.....and why would you!

Cleary has probably just realised that Tbaz going will either expose him as a coach or prove it was him all along? Next year will be interesting to see how both teams go.

A fued works for us anyway. Forget that stupid gentleman's agreement that was never going to work!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf even cares, doubt they were great mates anyway and the relationship was always going to cool when they became opposition coaches.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
WTF does Ivan expect? If you have good players but you don't want to use them because you prefer other players, do you expect those players to just choose to be back ups?

Maybe give Burton a starting spot if you wanted to keep him so bad.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rothfield,what a total jerk this guy is,the amount of negativity this guy spins on our club,is nothing short of ridiculous,Cleary was interviewed on radio last week,and question was put to him about the signings,his response,simple no problems with baz,simple business dealings we have in the modern game,all media hype.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe the reason they haven't spoken is because one bloke (cleary) is enjoying his end of season break and just taking time out disconnecting from work....

Maybe that's too hard for the drunk to comprehend and once again creates tension between blokes where it doesn't exist!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe the reason they haven't spoken is because one bloke (cleary) is enjoying his end of season break and just taking time out disconnecting from work....

Maybe that's too hard for the drunk to comprehend and once again creates tension between blokes where it doesn't exist!
Yeah this maybe the only form of news in that article... 'Baz and Ivan haven't talked in two weeks', could be many different reasons for that. But one could be that Baz never liked him, or maybe Baz is busy preparing for the dogs new season, I reckon he is working crazy hours while Ivan i'm sure is busy too. Don't know about you guys but i have some good friends that its common to not talk to for several weeks when life is busy.