Rumour Barrett and Cleary split

Malla

Reaction score
There's more to the story.

Players at Penrith are unhappy with the way he dealt with Mansour situation as well as the way he communicated with Naden prior to him being dropped to the bench before the semi and then the grand final. Apparently he did not even speak with Naden, he shunned him completely.

Would not be surprised if either Cleary goes or there is an exodus of players leaving Penrith.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's more to the story.

Players at Penrith are unhappy with the way he dealt with Mansour situation as well as the way he communicated with Naden prior to him being dropped to the bench before the semi and then the grand final. Apparently he did not even speak with Naden, he shunned him completely.

Would not be surprised if either Cleary goes or there is an exodus of players leaving Penrith.
It was stupid for Penrith not to realise Mansour was one of their most popular players (you can even see that from the outside looking in). You have to be very delicate and careful in those situations otherwise you create unrest in the playing group which is what you have just described

I don't get coaches who shun players and give them the silent treatment. Apparently Hasler used to do that to any player who wasn't named in the 17 that week. It's fucking stupid. That's how you lose the dressing room.

I think Penrith will regress next year and Clearly will be exposed for the fraud he is. I can't see him getting axed (because of Nathan) but I can see an exodus of Penrith players.....c'mon over Leniu and Chricton

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
It was stupid for Penrith not to realise Mansour was one of their most popular players (you can even see that from the outside looking in). You have to be very delicate and careful in those situations otherwise you create unrest in the playing group which is what you have just described

I don't get coaches who shun players and give them the silent treatment. Apparently Hasler used to do that to any player who wasn't named in the 17 that week. It's fucking stupid. That's how you lose the dressing room.

I think Penrith will regress next year and Clearly will be exposed for the fraud he is. I can't see him getting exed (because of Nathan) but I can see an exodus of Penrith players.....c'mon over Leniu and Chricton
Agree on Mansour. He is definitely not the same player he was before the injuries, but he's a player and fan fav. He's one of the leaders of the team actually. To have that meeting with him the day after the grand final was poor.

Yep, could not care less what happens at Penrith. I am just happy we managed to snag Baz before this shit on Cleary came out because no doubt Baz woulda been a shoe in for that coaching gig.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I won't hear Red Rooster being talked about like that.

Actually now I feel like a rooster roll....
The rooster roll still good as it used to be?

Haven't had one for years.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rooster roll still good as it used to be?

Haven't had one for years.
The original Red Rooster was a small family shop in Eastwood that ran for over 40 years. The Red Rooster known around the country was a big corporation that used their name without permission and got away with it.

Malla

Reaction score
They are literally throwing Naden under the bus now. It's a damn shame the way they have been treating him.

Wasn't right that he got on the coke tho, that's his fault, but now it gives them a perfect excuse to let him go.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think Penrith will regress next year and Clearly will be exposed for the fraud he is. I can't see him getting axed (because of Nathan) but I can see an exodus of Penrith players.....c'mon over Leniu and Chricton
I don’t know if I read it right but did mansour say that he was upset at the panthers in the way they told him? And that way was they sat down over coffee.... what was he expecting if that’s the case...