Rumour Barrett and Cleary split

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if he is regretting going there now that Barrett has left?
I wouldn’t say right now making a gf first year and the panthers are in a better position than we are at the moment but who knows in a year or two that could change

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Any chance Booze is creating a coaching drama distraction given what’s brewing in the Shire? Word is John Morris is on the nose with ‘senior’ Sharts players for, God forbid - doing his job - by suggesting some overpaid underperforming ‘stars’ look elsewhere or retire. The club has decided to put any contract extension talks on hold until they see how the new season starts. I’ll put a cheeky punt on to say Morris is the first coaching sacrificial lamb in 2021.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any chance Booze is creating a coaching drama distraction given what’s brewing in the Shire? Word is John Morris is on the nose with ‘senior’ Sharts players for, God forbid - doing his job - by suggesting some overpaid underperforming ‘stars’ look elsewhere or retire. The club has decided to put any contract extension talks on hold until they see how the new season starts. I’ll put a cheeky punt on to say Morris is the first coaching sacrificial lamb in 2021.
He’s just using it to create a story line he can milk for the next few months. It’s pretty natural for anyone in life to not talk as much to someone you used work with once you have left that job. It’s just a fake story line with nothing behind it in my opinion.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s just using it to create a story line he can milk for the next few months. It’s pretty natural for anyone in life to not talk as much to someone you used work with once you have left that job. It’s just a fake story line with nothing behind it in my opinion.
Rothfield and milk??????

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's possible, but if he is off with the senior players I'd say he's going about business the right way as alot of their senior players need to be moved on

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's possible, but if he is off with the senior players I'd say he's going about business the right way as alot of their senior players need to be moved on
100% he’s doing his job.
Unfortunately in the ego business though that doesn’t always work out well. Anything’s possible but I’ll stand by my comment that Morris is on the endangered list if the Sharts don’t fire next year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% he’s doing his job.
Unfortunately in the ego business though that doesn’t always work out well. Anything’s possible but I’ll stand by my comment that Morris is on the endangered list if the Sharts don’t fire next year.
Yeah very true. The fact that Josh Hannay was signed as an assistant makes me believe that you may be right and that they have wanted Green all along

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan Cleary can go suck a dick. Tigers ring a bell dickhead.
That King of Dickheads Cleary Should be man enough to do the right thing and release Burton to us for 2021, It just goes to show his insecurity and lack of confidence he has in his team without Tbaz there, this season they laughed at us and now they are starting to fear us again. The wheel is turning.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on,we should make the kennel,a rothfield free zone,.
It actually hurts them more when posted on forums like the kennel, because then the telecrap doesn't get the clicks they were hoping for..

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As he did when he was at the tigers he withdrew offers to 3 of the so called big 4 for not committing, now Burtin has committed to us he should not hesitate to release him!

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SHOOSH

It’s been just a month since Trent Barrett left Penrith for Canterbury on a high after the Panthers’ great season. In that time it’s fair to say his once good relationship with coach Ivan Cleary has become strained. The pair haven’t spoken in recent weeks as tensions build over the signings of Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington. The Bulldogs are also trying to pinch Stephen Crichton. The Panthers v Bulldogs game next season will have a spicy build-up.

Ivan Cleary and Trent Barrett haven’t spoken in weeks. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images

Ivan Cleary and Trent Barrett haven’t spoken in weeks. Picture: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
Cleary’s just shitting himself now that he will have to come up with the attacking plays himself.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
WTF does Ivan expect? If you have good players but you don't want to use them because you prefer other players, do you expect those players to just choose to be back ups?

Maybe give Burton a starting spot if you wanted to keep him so bad.
They were going to start him in 2021, at centre. They wanted to keep him as a super sub for Cleary or Luai, and were going to play him at centre, so he could still start when the other 2 halves are fit. But my guess is he wants to get paid more as a star half, and didn't wanna be a centre