Barret Gets Firebrand For Bulldogs??

Malla

Reaction score
Love it. Miss having aggression in the squad - been a while, probably Omeley and Mason were the last aggressive forwards we have had? Klemmer was OK in patches. But this bloke brings it for as long as he is on the field.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said in the other thread, his career averages of 35 minutes and 64 metres a game with only two games over 100 metres are worrying stats, especially when you factor in the suspensions and penalties.

I hope he didn't cost much, can avoid suspension and provide the impact that people think he can.
That’s because he’s been a bench player. Look at stats for someone like To’omaga and I bet it’s worth

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s because he’s been a bench player. Look at stats for someone like To’omaga and I bet it’s worth
By comparison Renouf averages the same metres (64) in 24 minutes a game. He has 4 games over 100m. Ogden averages 75 metres in 28 minutes a game and has 5 games over 100 metres.

I rate both of those guys more than Hetherington not because of stats but because they have better footwork, offloading ability and a better fend. I hope those two still get decent minutes if Hetherington is signed as I think they're developing well and have a lot of potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By comparison Renouf averages the same metres (64) in 24 minutes a game. He has 4 games over 100m. Ogden averages 75 metres in 28 minutes a game and has 5 games over 100 metres.

I rate both of those guys more than Hetherington not because of stats but because they have better footwork, offloading ability and a better fend. I hope those two still get decent minutes if Hetherington is signed as I think they're developing well and have a lot of potential.
Renouf regressed under SG. Pay was slow in bringing him on but he was making progress, he gets the boot and SGs use of him was horrendous.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Natboy is right, Thommo seems good. You could be wrong about this fella too. I have faith in Baz tbh
I don't care what the Pay/Anderson cheerleader has to say and I'm happy Thompson is looking like proving me wrong. Hetherington though lol, good luck with that

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The good thing about our props- Renouf, Ogden, Thompson and now Hetherington, they all have massive potential, hopefully they can continue to develop.
The thing that worries me is that of those 4 only Thompson has a decent tackle efficiency. Ogden and Hetherington are straight out hit merchants, which is fine at the right time, but they need to learn to tackle defensively when the other team is less than 30 metres out, and also how to push out effectively to support their edge team mates. When you are the first bloke into a tackle in your defensive zone, your priority is to lock him up with the ball.