Barnaby Joyce

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my Covid good deed today.

I went to Coles and travelling down the escalator and an elderly lady collapsed at the bottom of the escalator, like a turtle on their back.

there was a lady in front of me with a full trolley which she couldn’t hold, it rammed the elderly lady, so I jumped into action, holding my own shopping plus grabbed the lady’s heavy shopping and had to jog backwards uphill on escalator pulling trolley and my own shopping with my mask on.

the old lady was injured and didn’t move, so I’m still jogging backwards as the escalator continued down hill

it took ages for others to pick her up off the ground and move her , I almost let the trolley go to trample her as I was getting tired .

maybe a life saver at my quick response

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TAKE THEM TO THE MATT
NSW Energy and Environment Minister Matt Kean will reportedly target his Coalition colleagues in an address to a climate forum, Guardian Australia reports. Several outlets got a copy of the speech Kean will give at the Better Futures Forum today. In it, Kean says leaders need to “get on with it, or get out of the way”, continuing that “saying it is up to others to come up with a plan is a cop-out” — an apparent reference to Deputy PM Barnaby Joyce’s comments last week that the government doesn’t make climate plans, as The New Daily reports. Kean goes on to say Australians need to “send a message to all leaders in every part of our society” and that it is up to each person to exercise responsibility “when we decide how to vote at the ballot box”.

It’s the second time Kean has lashed out at his own party — back in 2019, which feels like a hundred years ago, Kean said the ferocity of Australia’s horror bushfires was a direct result of worsening global warming. Then-deputy PM Michael McCormack criticised the link as the “ravings of some pure, enlightened and woke capital city greenies”, as ABC reports. At least 33 people were killed and three billion animals were killed or harmed in Australia’s 2019-2020 bushfire season, which scorched a land size equivalent to England, as BBC reported.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The issue here in these country areas is that people have traditionally voted National regardless of which pile of shit they put in place. The swing for Joyce this time around was because the previous election Windsor actually stood. This time although there were a few candidates that looked good with specific things on their resumes, there was very much a need to dig for the information about them if you wanted to make your vote count by giving it to someone that wasn't going to just draw a wage and do nothing for the area. The local paper here (The Armidale Express) is so blatantly in favor of the National party that it's virtually a propaganda page. You get local electoral ads on TV and radio spouting absolute shit. Last election I had to put up with hearing that Labor planned to take away peoples right to farm on TV and radio among other blatantly ridiculous crap. So with a void of information available on other suitable ways to wisely use your vote a lot of people just went with who they traditionally voted for in this area in my opinion.
You gotta chuckle at least lol