Barba rejects "fight for life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BEN Barba's off-field issues have cost him at least $20,000 with the former Dally M winner knocking back an approach to pull on the gloves in the Fight For Life boxing event later this year.

Organisers of the popular fight night, which sees rugby league’s best pugilists take on rugby union stars from New Zealand, were confident of signing Barba onto an all-star card that will include Manly hit man Steve Matai, Test forward Sam Thaiday, Cronulla duo Todd Carney and Paul Gallen and New Zealand Warriors forward Russell Packer.

But in light of his controversial departure from the Bulldogs and allegations of domestic violence, Barba's management declined the offer last Thursday.

It's undoubtedly a smart move given the damaging headlines the Brisbane Broncos recruit has attracted this year.

Maybe it's because they couldn't find a suitable opponent ? Give Ainslie a call.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't want to slum it with beginners.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I heard his management only declined after the New Zealand women's netball team was ruled out.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or are most of the rugby league players playing today all punch drunk? aka taking to many hits to the head.

When did the NRL become the feeding ground for boxing?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fight for life should be renamed "Fight with Wife" ...

I imagine there would be far more NRL players then signing up to punch a woman.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol he has hit the turps pretty hard.

then he'll hit ainslie ****ing hard as well.

then the broncs will kick him ****ing hard, on his arse on the street.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'm paying 3:1 odds Ben will be in Uncle Mundines "corner" by Rd 10... any takers ?

PS No idea if they are related, but it seems the Aboriginals in the NRL are worse than the Samoan's in WWE... all related somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.