Barba and Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there any substance to the rumour of Des Hasler not really liking Benny Barba at fullback?

If so why not, and given Haslers talent for developing halves could he develop barba into a gun 5/8 if foran does not come?

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Where did you hear this rumour?

If its from any twitter sources or Facebook pages just disregard it automatically.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's only rumour, but i heard foran isnt leaving manly? not sure how true that is.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Where did you hear this rumour?

If its from any twitter sources or Facebook pages just disregard it automatically.
I have read so many articles I couldn't give you a source sorry, but it definitely wasn't Facebook or Twitter

Has nobody else heard this?

Could he turn barba into a 5/8 ?

G

Gladiator.

Barba ----> 5/8th?
Stewart ----> Fullback?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

G

Gladiator.

I think it's only rumour, but i heard foran isnt leaving manly? not sure how true that is.
Foran only said he will be at Manly at 2012.

Isn't that what Hasler said before he signed with us?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I cannot say this emphatically enough .... THERE IS NO SUBSTANCE TO THIS !!!

Des is far too pre-occupied about his own issues to go worrying about who's in the squad. Christ does he even know where to park his car yet ???

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran only said he will be at Manly at 2012.

Isn't that what Hasler said before he signed with us?
I don't know, i only read he surposivly wasnt leaving manly, so not sure.

P

Paint.

It was a post by someone on the kennel which hasnt been mentioned anywhere else -.-

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets just wait and see eh!

One thing we know is that Barba is much more dangerous in broken play. That is why at fullback he can be more dangerous. In the halves his attack in broken play is deadened a bit.

H

hazem_elmasri

If hasler tries throwing his weight around and changing up the team like this, more than likely expect barba to knock the old angry selfish man out. Barba will not settle for haslers crap like cherry Evans.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba still needs to develop on his defence game. I'd say leave him as fullback he is only getting better 24 tries last season he only got some confidence on the back end of the season.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If hasler tries throwing his weight around and changing up the team like this, more than likely expect barba to knock the old angry selfish man out. Barba will not settle for haslers crap like cherry Evans.
I'm pretty sure we hired hasler to throw his weight around and change the team around because it's failed the last two seasons. If Barba has any sense he'll listen and shut the f#ck up.

Why are we even talking about this though it's just another bs rumor that hadn't even been printed anywhere

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets just wait and see eh!

One thing we know is that Barba is much more dangerous in broken play. That is why at fullback he can be more dangerous. In the halves his attack in broken play is deadened a bit.
Very true, Barba is brilliant in attack from fullback. For a long time last season he was very shakey under the high ball, but when Jimmy Dymock took over as coach something happened and Barba started taking the high ball well under pressure. The role of a half or five eighth is much more structured than a full back. If Barba was given the no. 6 we would lose a top strike weapon. And... who would be given the fullback job?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok now it is more relevant as Hasler starts today and snake eyes, god I hope not

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
omg if this were true i will call greenberg god for bringing this guy in

Status
Not open for further replies.