Banned Dog slams Tino over gouge claim

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its true that the "eye gouge" wasnt one where he intended to put on a dirty play, but tbh once his hand was on Tinos face he should have let go instantly. His lesson would be to not use the head as part of a tackle. A month off seems harsh for what it was though.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its true that the "eye gouge" wasnt one where he intended to put on a dirty play, but tbh once his hand was on Tinos face he should have let go instantly. His lesson would be to not use the head as part of a tackle. A month off seems harsh for what it was though.
So true.
The punishment did not fit the crime.

I hate being that guy that plays the world is against me card.
But it does feel at times that dogs players seem to get a harsh punishment for things.
Be interested in seeing what the storm player gets for the same thing

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
" Melbourne’s Josh King was placed on report on Friday night for putting his hand around the eyes of Warriors forward Jazz Tevaga, but was not charged on Saturday."

When I first saw this vision on Friday my instant thoughts were that this was worse than Waddell's.

Can someone post the vision of this?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
" Melbourne’s Josh King was placed on report on Friday night for putting his hand around the eyes of Warriors forward Jazz Tevaga, but was not charged on Saturday."

When I first saw this vision on Friday my instant thoughts were that this was worse than Waddell's.

So are you telling me the storm guy has got away with it and our guy didn't?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's bullshit. 5 Weeks for one player while a similar incident doesn't even go to the judiciary.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
On a scale of dumb shit Corey does, he kinda does have a point. 5 weeks for that is ridiculous. Obviously had the BULLDOGS loading added to his punishment.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bullshit charge tbh.

Clear double standards here. But honestly Waddell gone is such apositive for us

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

King was not charged.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the headline I totally agree with Waddell, if tino does not complain it's play on.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tino was being a b1tch cause he was getting smashed and boo’d the whole game. Of course he had to have a sook to the ref. They eye gouge must’ve been bad seeing as he played on the whole game with no issue eh

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to agree with Waddell, I believe he is a victim of the dramas that led to the match, the stupid face rub was harmless but the loading of being a BULLDOG and the two ( 2 heads ) Queenslanders in Lindner and Johnson as judges is a problem.
Next time at the judiciary our players should turn up in a different jersey...Maybe a storm one.
Do you think those 2 heads would be able to tell ? :laughing:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of people are happy that Waddell got banned as it means that the errors and penalties usually attributed to him will not happen whilst he is on suspension. That may be true but it does raise questions as to the consistency of the officials on and off field. Let's be clear here in the end Waddell was not actually charged with an eye gouge.......
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs forward Corey Waddell has been found guilty of dangerous contact and suspended five matches, as determined by a panel at tonight's NRL judiciary hearing.

10:22pm: Waddell has been found guilty of dangerous contact.

What is really annoying is the fact that another player involved in this type of tackle - King from the Storm ( well two really if you include Harry Grant I think)is penalised and put on report but is not charged? Looking at vision of that one it is clear what his intention was and that is how it was viewed on field.

Add to that the forceful impact of NSA in the same game which broke the teeth of a Warriors player once again un punished....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty fuckn simple really don’t put you hand over his eyes and if you do move them quickly, he didn’t deserve 5 weeks but Waddell is a dumb cahunt.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs legal defence fucked it for Waddell. The minute Waddell made (and stood by) the claim he never put his hand on Tinos eyes (several times too), there was no way he was getting found not guilty when photos proved him wrong.