Ban anti-dogs media from Press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can't we just do an Ennis and reply "as des said" and leave it at that?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t ban them as the NRL mandates media access and all outlets are notified.
What you can do however, is give them nothing, deflect and not answer their questions.
abso bloody lutely… was thinking the same. A standard No comment will suffice when one on one, and in the pressers just ignoring DT and Fox are there, other media outlets can get there questions answered maybe even something that can give a 'buzz' in the microphone for DT and Fox.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you would be able to ban individuals (ie Buzz) from press conferences yet still allow the DT access.
I like the idea of just ignoring their questions and pointing over them to journalists from all the other media for questions.

The Tele will retaliate with more shock and awe fake news, but they do this anyway.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is exactly the type of responses we should be giving to NewsCorp scum.
Omg, a souffs player i now have to like...good in him for sticking it to that parasite weidler

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean this may just be the dumbest idea on this forum which constantly has some pretty dumb ideas.

Step 1: Piss off the newspapers. Get heaps of negative press.

Step 2: lose sponsers, lose casual fans, start getting more scrutiny on us from the NRL for putting the game into disrepute for every minor issue which is beat up by the papers. Players start getting hit harder by judiciary because the papers made a big deal out of their offences. Refs start having the idea in the back of their minds that certain players are more likely to give penalties etc. because the papers tell them so. There is a journalists who gets the job of basically digging shit up on everyone affiliated with the club.

Step 3: the owner of said newspapers owns Fox Sports, Bulldogs start getting shitter coverage, less airtime etc.

Step 4: Lose even more sponsers. Club is back to the days of giving away free sponsorship spots on our jersey just to try and get some goodwill.

Sadly this is a professional sport and the club has to play ball with these shitty rags owned by News Corp. If we don’t they can completely damage the brand and have negative consequences to our onfield performance. It’s likely the NRL may need to relocate a club from the Sydney region in the future (which in my opinion is a death kiss) and we want to make sure we aren’t on that radar. Piss off News Corp too much and we’ll be their first target.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All media involved in invading the players privacy should be banned from all our press conferences and any new related to the club.

All outlets that peddled the anti-bulldogs story with no consideration for the invasion of privacy should be banned and ignored.

If the NSW police do nothing about the illegal activity of these media scum bags, the least we could do is ban them from anything to do with us. Im sure the players wont want to talk to the scumbags (id like to gutter stomp them personally but thats me).

Tell me what you think.

Also, I saw the clubs response today, which is what inspired this write up.
This wouldn't be the first time News Ltd's Papers have been banned for BULLSHIT reporting,
England's biggest news paper The Sun was banned from selling in Liverpool City England by Liverpool FC, Everton FC and the city itself for misreporting on the Hillsborough disaster.
Now...This is what I call Peoples Power !!!
Unless the true Rugby League fans unite in similar action...The game is doomed !!!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean this may just be the dumbest idea on this forum which constantly has some pretty dumb ideas.

Step 2: lose sponsers, lose casual fans, start getting more scrutiny on us from the NRL for putting the game into disrepute for every minor issue which is beat up by the papers. Players start getting hit harder by judiciary because the papers made a big deal out of their offences. Refs start having the idea in the back of their minds that certain players are more likely to give penalties etc. because the papers tell them so. There is a journalists who gets the job of basically digging shit up on everyone affiliated with the club.

Step 3: the owner of said newspapers owns Fox Sports, Bulldogs start getting shitter coverage, less airtime etc.

Step 4: Lose even more sponsers. Club is back to the days of giving away free sponsorship spots on our jersey just to try and get some goodwill.

Sadly this is a professional sport and the club has to play ball with these shitty rags owned by News Corp. If we don’t they can completely damage the brand and have negative consequences to our onfield performance. It’s likely the NRL may need to relocate a club from the Sydney region in the future (which in my opinion is a death kiss) and we want to make sure we aren’t on that radar. Piss off News Corp too much and we’ll be their first target.
And step 2 after (lose sponsers) is the most concerning of all and as fans we have to ask ourselves why do we invest so much of our energy in the game .
It is true that will all happen as the NRL Is corrupt

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you ban certain media outlets all it does is make them write more negative things and cause more issues for the club. An example was the telegraph and Noad.

I think people have hammered the main culprit Rothfield, controversy corner was a good example.
2008 I attended the forum the new Canterbury football club board held at the stadium,
Todd Greenturd spoke of their plans for Greatness to rival all clubs of all codes in AUSTRALIA,
After the formalities we were welcomed to drinks and nibbles during which I raised my concern to a board member I knew,
I said...Great plan but we have a major problem with the media especially News Ltd
He replied...Don't worry they are our friends now,
Ironically their reporting mellowed a little until the old board was replaced by the new board
Never trust The Evil News Ltd !!!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Isn’t all of this shit is already happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.