Bailey Biondi-Odo released, Reece Hoffman promoted to Top 30

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think BBO had a lot to offer around that No.14 role, don’t think he was ever going to be a long term FG 6,7 or 9, but offered a spark off the bench if utilised correctly. But with his injury, and competition for that role, it’s not a bad thing to let him explore other options. Good luck to the kid.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does it say he was released though? He's not listed but could that just be an oversight?

We've updated our team page very recently I notice and Tanner and Hoffman have been added but BBO is still listed, but there are 32 players on there now.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
KO must be raelly killing it at training. Hoffman will have to put on some Kgs if going to play in the forwards. Website says 93Kgs. Probs a bit too light.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a shame he showed great promise a couple of years ago injuries got him I guess

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guessing the injury toll has moved things forward and with that a shuffling of players.

Have to trust that they are doing what right for the team, wish him well and a steady recovery.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
That fucking sucks! I wonder how his dogs career would’ve went if he didn’t do his ACL in a hipdrop tackle that NO ONE WAS CHARGED FOR! Shit go. Wouldn’t be surprised if he joins his former roommate Schouppy on the Goldy. Thanks for everything Ubba Bailz

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need middles. I'm sure there is more to the move than just Hoffman in for bbo given the situation with middle forwards. Is top 30 purely based on contract values? Can there be moves in and out based on contract values prior to round 11?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With young Woods being the heir apparent to Karlopu, who is the heir apparent to Hayward, who is the heir apparent to Rajab, who is the heir apparent to Flanagorn, it makes sense. Sad for Bebo though.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does it say he was released though? He's not listed but could that just be an oversight?

We've updated our team page very recently I notice and Tanner and Hoffman have been added but BBO is still listed, but there are 32 players on there now.

I just looked at the page and there isn’t mention of Bebo at all lol wtf? Just goes to show that you should read the link aye. It may still be true but until there’s proof…

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he actually released or have the pushed him back to a train and trial and promoted someone who is fit? (Not sure if that’s legal)

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasn’t Reece Hoffman always in the 30? Part of the problem I thought

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liked the kid. Unfortunately was probably a victim of Covid with his development, Baz trying to turn him into a fucking hooker when he wasn’t. And the ACL last year was a shit go. Good luck to him.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoffman wasn’t even in our trial squads was he? Pretty sure he played in the first reserves trial

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was never good

Only glorified on the kennel by the Flanagan parrots...
I thought it was strange that the season launch photo of the top30 having 31 players & with Reece Hoffman having his arm around BBO.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liked the kid. Unfortunately was probably a victim of Covid with his development, Baz trying to turn him into a fucking hooker when he wasn’t. And the ACL last year was a shit go. Good luck to him.
Shows you how quick it can all go sour, its why I hate putting 18 year olds in FG because we are last

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there a chance BBO just wanted to come home to North QLD while he was out for so long injured?

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get it,isn’t he out injured?So the dogs just got rid of him or he wanted to leave volunatirily?